Around the NFC East

turtle28

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'd be shocked if the Cowboys got to 11 wins. 13 games to go, they would need to win 10 of them.  Assuming a sweep of the East (never an easy task), they need to win 4 of 7 against Browns, Cardinals, Steelers, Vikings, Ravens, Bengals, 49ers. That wouldn't be fun. You gotta remember, their defense, to quote the very on point analysis done by our very own @MKnight82, is "buttcheeks."

Haha 😂 Hilarious description by Mknight! 

Yeah, you’re right, it’s probably more likely they win 9 or 10 games. I was just saying that based off how bad the rest of the division is but totally forgetting they have to play the NFC West and AFC North like us and are likely to lose to the Ravens, Steelers etc. I do think the Cowboys will beat the Bengals and Browns. It depends on what Vikings team you get, but they’re a hard out and it depends on how healthy the 49ers are when the Cowboys play them.

Cowboys & Cardinals are pretty similar IMO. Very diverse and talented offense but a questionable defense. Thats a coin flip IMO.

8 hours ago, offbyone said:

Dallas is loaded, but I have to wonder if they might be one more injury to their oline away from that offense suddenly having issues.  We will see.

Very true, their OL isn’t as stout as it used to be. They also don’t run the ball as effectively as they used to when Dak was a rookie and 2nd year player and I think that hurts them, especially their defense bc their offense doesn’t sustain long drives like they used to. Elliot needs more carries, I’ve been saying that for years.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

2020 NFC East == 2010 NFC West

It truly is an awful division. I think that Dallas wins the division by default but it will probably be with 7 to 9 wins. Their D is looking some kind of awful. That being said, their O is light years ahead of the other offenses in the division. They have a real chance of going unbeaten in the division but being .500 or worse vs the rest of the league. They’ll probably go 5-1 or 4-2 in the division but they could run the table.

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It truly is an awful division. I think that Dallas wins the division by default but it will probably be with 7 to 9 wins. Their D is looking some kind of awful. That being said, their O is light years ahead of the other offenses in the division. They have a real chance of going unbeaten in the division but being .500 or worse vs the rest of the league. They’ll probably go 5-1 or 4-2 in the division but they could run the table.

I don't know if I would take any of those bets beyond the O/U on the wins at 8.0 or 8.5

45 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

@Woz, I'm gonna ask you...because I'm too tired and lazy to look it up. But I would be interested to know what the crappiest W/L record we could have and STILL win the division this year? 7-9? 6-10?

Are you talking mathematically? That would have to go through a ton of weird scenarios. I suspect 6-10 is the worst you can conceivably be and still win (basically go 6-0 in division, 0-10 the rest of the schedule; rest of the division also would have to go 0-10 against the non-divisional opponents).

11 minutes ago, Woz said:

Are you talking mathematically? That would have to go through a ton of weird scenarios. I suspect 6-10 is the worst you can conceivably be and still win (basically go 6-0 in division, 0-10 the rest of the schedule; rest of the division also would have to go 0-10 against the non-divisional opponents).

Yeah. I figure we might have to have that watch going this year given that after the first four games, we're still in first with a 1-3 record.

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah. I figure we might have to have that watch going this year given that after the first four games, we're still in first with a 1-3 record.

I think Philadelphia could theoretically get in with a 5-10-1 record. If someone wants to project the season with that website someone posted, be my guest.