Around the NFC East

turtle28

15 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Didn't watch it huh?

I have it on, but not really paying much attention. If Philadelphia decided to put him out there, you would think they were sure he could actually play at a competent level.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Colt McCoy and Alfred Morris lead the Giants to a win vs Seattle in Seattle! Wow 😳 

Leonard Williams 2.5 sacks today vs Seattle, so happy we took a guard over him in 2015! Ugh 🤦‍♂️ 

Absolutely shocking. The G man defensive game plan worked wonders for them today. Throw in a good ground attack and you are going to win most of your  games. They controlled the line of scrimmage and man handled the Seahawks on both sides of the LOS and did not make some critical  mistakes either. The G man look like a playoff team to me.

• Like 1

I’ll say this, there’s nothing much better that could happen for us than the Eagles dumping Wentz to go with Jalen Hurts. 

Wentz had consecutive seasons with a passer rating of 100+, and his combined passer rating from 2017 to last season was 98.3. With 81 TDs to only 21 picks. He's legitimately been a star. 

I don’t know if Wentz will ever get back to that level, but I know he’s capable of it because he did it. And I feel that it will be a frosty cold day in hell before Jalen Hurts ever puts up numbers that even remotely approach that level. If they throw away Wentz to go with Jalen Hurts, instead of trying to devote their whole organization to getting the star Wentz back, they’re absolute morons. 

Unfortunately, I think his contract will force them to stick with him. I don’t see that they have much choice — they can’t cut or trade him with the amount of dead cap they’d have to eat. If they could though...I’d take him off their hands.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’ll say this, there’s nothing much better that could happen for us than the Eagles dumping Wentz to go with Jalen Hurts. 

Wentz had consecutive seasons with a passer rating of 100+, and his combined passer rating from 2017 to last season was 98.3. With 81 TDs to only 21 picks. He's legitimately been a star. 

I don’t know if Wentz will ever get back to that level, but I know he’s capable of it because he did it. And I feel that it will be a frosty cold day in hell before Jalen Hurts ever puts up numbers that even remotely approach that level. If they throw away Wentz to go with Jalen Hurts, instead of trying to devote their whole organization to getting the star Wentz back, they’re absolute morons. 

Unfortunately, I think his contract will force them to stick with him. I don’t see that they have much choice — they can’t cut or trade him with the amount of dead cap they’d have to eat. If they could though...I’d take him off their hands.

That contract sure is a big problem for them.  They can't drop him with out a huge hit and it is pretty unattractive contract to trade for considering his play just looks pathetic.  Otherwise I would think we might be a target for him.

I am with you.  Hurts meh.  This is one of those situations that it is hard to see a good outcome.  Even if hurts lights it up, what is the point of having hurts on a cheap qb contract if they still have to pay for wentz.  This is part of the reason I don't even see why they bothered drafting hurts.

• Like 1

I think Wentz bounces back next year. I do not think this is the end of Wentz in Phila. He just needs to reassess things, review his bad film from this year and move forward and hopefully for the Eagles next year they don’t have so many injuries on their offense - particularly their OL and I think Wentz plays better in future years.

We’ve seen him be an MVP caliber player when the parts around him were more healthy, those pieces will get healthy again next year and that will probably mean a better Carson Wentz.

I don’t think Hurts is any kind of answer as a starter, he’ll be a good back up level QB for the Eagles, but he’s not the answer and I don’t see him ever playing like Wentz did a few years ago when he was being talked about as an MVP candidate.

On 12/6/2020 at 10:33 PM, e16bball said:

So it has been said, so let it be written

• Like 1