Around the NFC East

turtle28

6 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

They won't win the East but they will beat us in game 1. They are an explosive offense and with our normal slow starts on offense we will probably score 16 and they will score more. 

I'm interested to see if our D is up to the task. Norman will shut down Jeffery the rest should be able to cover Smith, Ertz, Agholar & Burton.

Our pas rush from Kerrigan, the ROLBs, up the middle from ILBs & push up the middle from the Phil Taylor, Allen and company will be most important. 

33 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He isn't able to shut down Pryor in practice. 9_9

Norman was getting destroyed in practice against D Jax all last offseason.  I think he focuses much more on fine-tuning different techniques in practice rather than caring about shutting the WR down.  It's obviously a much different story when the bright lights come on.  He really is the ultimate "gamer" IMO.

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Norman was getting destroyed in practice against D Jax all last offseason.  I think he focuses much more on fine-tuning different techniques in practice rather than caring about shutting the WR down.  It's obviously a much different story when the bright lights come on.  He really is the ultimate "gamer" IMO.

I'm just messing around. I know 1 on 1 in practice definitely favors the receiver. It's a different story when Norman is pressing at the LOS and has the sideline to use for help and safeties behind him. 

However, I do think saying that Norman will just erase a receiver like Jeffery is kinda overrating him. How often does that happen where a corner holds a really good receiver to basically nothing? Not often. This isn't Nelson Agholor or Dorial Green-Beckham he's gonna be shadowing all game. Alshon will win his share just like Josh. 

I'm late responding here, but...

On 8/20/2017 at 5:17 PM, turtle28 said:

I hear it all the time on TV, the ex-players on every station seem to love the Eagles. It's probably just a few of them like you say but it seems like more than a few.

Maybe.

Eagles fans were hard on Heath Evans cause he was always hyper critical of the Eagles under Kelly, because he said Chip was one of the worst hires ever. He turned out to be right. I think he has been very complimentary of the birds since Kelly was canned though. Maybe he is making up for the past years of being hard on them. I don't know.

Also, I saw Collin Cowherd said he thought Wentz is the best young QB.. lol.

I think the NFC East in general is kinda hyped up. It's the most popular division and the networks talk and hype them up whenever possible. The one that gets hyped up the least is probably Washington. I think the Cowboys get by far the most hype. Following them would probably be the Eagles and then Giants not far behind.

I think based upon you were 4th last year

Doing that isn't that unusual though. It's happened 16 times in the last 13 seasons, so a bit over 1 time per year it happens.

People are always trying to predict which team can pull off that feat and its understandable why people think the Eagles could do it.

I was you I'd still be concerned about your corners.  There are a lot of good WRs in the division and that could be a huge problem for you all.

It'll be a problem, but our corners are better than last year and even with the worst corners in the league last year we finished 4th in defensive DVOA according to Football Outsiders. You guys on the other hand had Josh Norman, but finished 25th which was worst in the division.

16 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm just messing around. I know 1 on 1 in practice definitely favors the receiver. It's a different story when Norman is pressing at the LOS and has the sideline to use for help and safeties behind him. 

However, I do think saying that Norman will just erase a receiver like Jeffery is kinda overrating him. How often does that happen where a corner holds a really good receiver to basically nothing? Not often. This isn't Nelson Agholor or Dorial Green-Beckham he's gonna be shadowing all game. Alshon will win his share just like Josh. 

Yea, I agree.  Alshon will definitely get his.

• Like 1

I heard La'El Collins is left handed and has been struggling a lot at RT. He just had a hold vs a back up rusher.

Chaz Greene - who may start at lg - for the Cowboys got hurt. Not sure what it is but he's battled injuries since they drafted him.

Edited by turtle28

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It's one on one in practice

Refer to my previous post.

Pryor is bigger and faster than Jeffery

Jeffery still better till proven otherwise.

We've faded Jefferey the last two years in Chicago and he didn't hurt us too much.

Uhh...

You've faced him 3 times and he had over 100 yards in 2 of those 3 games.

Last year he came up just short of the century mark as he finished with 92 yards.

aE4lvFj.jpg

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

29 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Refer to my previous post.

Jeffery still better till proven otherwise.

Uhh...

You've faced him 3 times and he had over 100 yards in 2 of those 3 games.

Last year he came up just short of the century mark as he finished with 92 yards.

aE4lvFj.jpg

So, one reception was like 1/2 of his yardage. Still didn't score a TD so it didn't really hurt us. All corners are going to give up some receptions. Hopefully the upgrade we have with DJ Swearinger helps out our corners this year. We've had some if the worst safety play in the NFL going back nearly a decade.