Around the NFC East

turtle28

1 hour ago, Vladimir L said:

Id trust McCoy more than Jones. McCoy is more of an Alex Smith game manager. Giants have a great defense they just dont need the offense to turn the ball over alot.

I have to agree with you.  Jones is either on a major sophmore slump or is a bust.  To say you trust mccoy more is a pretty bad insult to jones  :)

The qb situation in the NFC east is crazy.  No one has a clear qb.  

1 hour ago, Vladimir L said:

Id trust McCoy more than Jones. McCoy is more of an Alex Smith game manager. Giants have a great defense they just dont need the offense to turn the ball over alot.

You’re insane if you think McCoy is even remotely close to what Alex Smith is. McCoy is terrible. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

You’re insane if you think McCoy is even remotely close to what Alex Smith is. McCoy is terrible. 

last 2 weeks we havent won because of alex play making he has been average and mccoy with the giants can be average and win too

2 very strong defensive team that cant move the ball....they simply dont need to beat themselves something alex does well

4 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

last 2 weeks we havent won because of alex play making he has been average and mccoy with the giants can be average and win too

2 very strong defensive team that cant move the ball....they simply dont need to beat themselves something alex does well

I’m probably the biggest Alex Smith hater there is on our forum and there’s no way you can say he hasn’t been making plays. Without him this playoff race isn’t happening. I mean, he’s like 10-4 as a starter here now. That’s crazy compared to what we’ve had. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m probably the biggest Alex Smith hater there is on our forum and there’s no way you can say he hasn’t been making plays. Without him this playoff race isn’t happening. I mean, he’s like 10-4 as a starter here now. That’s crazy compared to what we’ve had. 

He keeps us in game and doesnt make stupid mistakes sure he had an int but it was like a punt

tyrod taylor does what alex smith does at 25% the price

Edited by Vladimir L

WEEK DAL (4th) NYG (2nd) PHI (3rd) WAS (1st)
15 v SFO (5-8) v CLE (9-3*) @ ARI (7-6) v SEA (9-4)
16 v PHI (4-8-1) @ BAL (7-5*) @ DAL (4-9) v CAR (4-9)
17 @ NYG (5-8) v DAL (4-9) v WAS (6-7) @ PHI (4-8-1)

Remain SOS 0.372 0.541 0.436 0.449

Next week will be critical. The division could collapse two just a two game difference between first and fourth, or it could be basically over.

Dallas: only pathway to the crown is winning out, Washington losing out, and at least one Giants loss.

New York Giants

• Need their three game mini-season to be at least one game better than Washington (3-0 v. 2-1, 2-1 v. 1-2, or 1-2 v. 0-3)
  • If 3-0 v. 2-1 path = division is theirs
  • If 2-1 v. 1-2 path = need an Eagles' loss
  • If 1-2 v. 0-3 path = need two Eagles' losses, and a Cowboys' loss

Philadelphia: either

• Go 2-1 (loss cannot be against Washington) with at least two Giants' loss; or
  • Go 3-0 with at least one Giants' loss

A failure-to-lose versus Seattle closes the door for Dallas and puts Philly in a win-or-die mode. A loss opens up a bunch of doors for the rest of the division.

Per https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

SFO at DAL (+1) [opened at +2.5]
CLE at NYG (+3.5) [opened at +3]
PHI at ARI (-5.5) [opened at -6.5]
SEA at WAS (+4) [opened at +3]

None of the division is favored and the lines probably haven't adjusted to today's results yet. I suspect the SEA-WAS line will swing wildly based on Alex Smith's health.

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

michael richards yes GIF

17 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

guy goes for 150 yards each game and we win....its our defense its not him

its a plus he isnt a turn over machine but tyrod taylor, bridgewater or another game manager could come in and do the same

Colt McCoy threw for 100 yards in his only start this season. Alex Smith threw for 296 yards & a TD vs the Pitt defense. Also, Alex threw for 325 yards in 3 quarters vs the Giants and almost 390 yards vs the Lions. We would’ve won that Lions game if Alex had hit McKissic down the sideline in the 1st half, Terry hadn’t fumbled, Hop hadn’t missed a 43-yard FG and if Chase didn’t have that penalty at the end.

As Lavar said, you can’t ignore Alex & his ability to win. Comparing Alex is Colt is not a good take. In every way Alex is superior - except mobility - even with a leg that will never be 100% again.

Colt is a good back up, Alex Smith is a starter in the league.

I don’t know why you’re bringing up Bridgewater or Tyrod - who has sucked for 3 or 4 years now - but this discussion was between McCoy and Alex and Alex is better than Colt even if he’s only 80% of what he used to be before his broken leg.

Edited by turtle28

9 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

guy goes for 150 yards each game and we win....its our defense its not him

its a plus he isnt a turn over machine but tyrod taylor, bridgewater or another game manager could come in and do the same

He’s thrown for 300 yards twice and 296 against the Steelers. 

• Like 1

Probably the wrong thread but who cares. Burgundy Blog has recently made his reappearance after being inactive since the name change (one of those guys) and this little exchange is occurring

I think he’s in his bag alittle bit. My G, where was this energy when we were 2-7? I mean, I was still watching every game intently as I have since I was a wee lad.

• Like 1

Love to hear that Mike McCarthy will be back to "lead" the CowGirls ! Now who's the "Hot Mess" in the NFC East ! 🤣 Huge contract for Zeke and he's now a pedestrian R B . Can't sign their Q B who has a Bad Injury ! O-line needs a rebuild. The guy they shoulda paid was Cole Beasley,, and we shoulda signed him . He's a little worrisome mosquito but effective-tough .

3 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Probably the wrong thread but who cares. Burgundy Blog has recently made his reappearance after being inactive since the name change (one of those guys) and this little exchange is occurring

I think he’s in his bag alittle bit. My G, where was this energy when we were 2-7? I mean, I was still watching every game intently as I have since I was a wee lad.

They’re both annoying as hell. Can’t really stand either one of them.