Around the NFC East

turtle28

3 hours ago, pf9 said:

The Central Divisions more or less became the North Divisions

No they got split up between the North & the South Divisions.

The NFC Central used to be:

Buccaneers (went to the South)

Bears

Packers

Lions

Vikings

The Panthers, Saints & Falcons went from the NFC West (weird location for those teams) to the NFC South.

AFC Central:

Titans - used to be Oilers - moved to the AFC South. 

Colts moved to the AFC South

Jags moved to the AFC South

Texans were an expansion team and were put in the AFC South

3 hours ago, pf9 said:

According to Wikipedia, the Central Divisions were renamed North Divisions after their respective Southern members were removed

They Still took some of those teams out and moved them though. All you have to do is look at what happened.

And regardless this all started because you had the idea that Dallas shouldn’t be in the NFC East anymore which again there’s been no indication that that will happen in 60 years. The NFL could’ve done that when they went to 4 divisions from three 20 years ago but they didn’t, so why would they do it now?

The NFL mostly kept the best rivalries in tact and I don’t see that changing.

Well, Dallas is only an Eastern city in the loosest sense - that defining the East as the Eastern and Central Time Zones

This would put part of Texas in the West, being in the Mountain Time Zone

Using a strict geographic realignment, it would be Carolina moving to the East in exchange for Dallas. And the Cowboys would have the Saints in neighboring Louisiana as a division rival - something they have experience with; both teams were in the Capitol Division (the forerunner to the NFC East) in 1967 and 1969.

Saw a post from ESPN’s Giants beat writer, Jordan Raanan, indicating that NYG will not be involved in trying to trade for Deshaun Watson. 

This is good news in my opinion. I’d seen some speculation that the Giants could get involved with young pieces like Jones and Barkley, and that was concerning to me. While you obviously can’t win with just Watson, having him on board immediately raises a team’s ceiling to “potential juggernaut,” and that could prove problematic to have in the division. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

According to PFT, the Eagles are close to trading Wentz! Favorite I would imagine is the Colts reuniting with Frank Reich. 

That is good with me.  Too much weird stuff surrounding the Wentz situation for me.  Glad we didn't go after him.  But at the same time happy to have him out of the division.

• Like 1

I do not understand the Eagles want to get rid of Wentz and Eagles fans being excited about it? The guy is a pretty damn good QB. He had a rough year but has basically been fringe top 10 since his second season in the league. I think this will mirror the Cousins situation only they’ll actually get value. They’ll spend years trying to replace Wentz. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I do not understand the Eagles want to get rid of Wentz and Eagles fans being excited about it? The guy is a pretty damn good QB. He had a rough year but has basically been fringe top 10 since his second season in the league. I think this will mirror the Cousins situation only they’ll actually get value. They’ll spend years trying to replace Wentz. 

Agreed, and last time I checked their entire offense had a rough year and most of that was because 4/5 of their OL was lost for the year and then some of those back ups got hurt too. I think by the time they played us week 17 they were on their 5th and 6th OTs.

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Agreed, and last time I checked their entire offense had a rough year and most of that was because 4/5 of their OL was lost for the year and then some of those back ups got hurt too. I think by the time they played us week 17 they were on their 5th and 6th OTs.

I mean I’m okay with him dipping I’d keep him but I’m okay with Philly making mistakes

• Like 2

On 2/2/2021 at 7:37 PM, pf9 said:

Well, Dallas is only an Eastern city in the loosest sense - that defining the East as the Eastern and Central Time Zones

This would put part of Texas in the West, being in the Mountain Time Zone

Using a strict geographic realignment, it would be Carolina moving to the East in exchange for Dallas. And the Cowboys would have the Saints in neighboring Louisiana as a division rival - something they have experience with; both teams were in the Capitol Division (the forerunner to the NFC East) in 1967 and 1969.

LOL.  Do you really think the NFL is going to give up the money they make from the Washington/Dallas and Philadelphia/Dallas rivalries twice a year?  

• Like 1