Jump to content

Around the NFC East


turtle28
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/20/2022 at 4:09 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Down go the Giants. (Lots of injuries too)

Eagles almost lost too.

If we can catch either the Cowboys or Giants, maybe we steal a playoff spot.

We may make the Playoffs even if we don’t catch either of those two. Seven teams make the playoffs now as you know, if we can win more games than the 49ers, we’ll be in along with the rest of the NFC EAST.

Edited by turtle28
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I think the Titans loss was more of a "gave away" game, than the Vikings loss.

Although the Vikings win, would have been a more important victory.

I agree bc Carson threw the int w/ a few seconds left when we were at the 1-yd line about to score. The Titans played tremendous D on those last few plays, they rerouted Terry & then Carson stared down McKissic behind him & Long (Let’s Go Mountaineers!) made a tremendous int. What sucks is behind that Carson had two guys coming open, but Carson just didn’t see the field well on the last sequence of plays inside the 10.

The Vikings loss was different bc regardless of the Heinicke bad int the D still could’ve stopped the Vikings from scoring a TD twice & we still win that game if we don’t give up the 4th quarter TD but damn did Dalvin Cook make a tremendous one handed catch int that back of the end-zone!

Edited by turtle28
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2022 at 7:05 AM, turtle28 said:

I agree bc Carson threw the int w/ a few seconds left when we were at the 1-yd line about to score. The Titans played tremendous D on those last few plays, they rerouted Terry & then Carson stared down McKissic behind him & Long (Let’s Go Mountaineers!) made a tremendous int. What sucks is behind that Carson had two guys coming open, but Carson just didn’t see the field well on the last sequence of plays inside the 10.

The Vikings loss was different bc regardless of the Heinicke bad int the D still could’ve stopped the Vikings from scoring a TD twice & we still win that game if we don’t give up the 4th quarter TD but damn did Dalvin Cook make a tremendous one handed catch int that back of the end-zone!

It's wild how much you hate Carson and love Taylor. I don't love Carson but the hatred for him and how highly you talk about Heinicke just brings it out of me. We were beating the Vikings by double digits in the 4th quarter and were losing almost the entire game against the Titans. To say the Titans was more of a giveaway game is baffling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

It's wild how much you hate Carson and love Taylor. I don't love Carson but the hatred for him and how highly you talk about Heinicke just brings it out of me. We were beating the Vikings by double digits in the 4th quarter and were losing almost the entire game against the Titans. To say the Titans was more of a giveaway game is baffling. 

In my opinion turtle has always liked the back up QB more than the starter. By Heinicke constantly having that edge that it could be his last game it makes him easy to root for. We have to be fair though, turtle was right there with everyone calling for him to be benched at halftime for his terrible play. 

I think everyone understands that Carson Wentz is a more physically gifted QB than Heinicke. Myself, I only care about the snaps threshold, otherwise I would have preferred him to Heinicke all day long.

Heinicke does a good job in the pocket to avoid sacks, but the line has been playing much better lately. I feel that if Carson came back in he would be better than the first 6 games he played (which is still better than Taylor in every statistical category) and give us an actual shot to have a successful playoff run. 

 

(Some deep sadistic part of me hopes that somehow we meet the Eagles in the post season and Carson is forced into action and just tears them up sending them packing)

 

Carson would get the revenge on a franchise that took his MVP worthy season and gave all the praise to Nick Foles for the SB win. Then Carson can find a new team next year. Lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Scott Land said:

It's wild how much you hate Carson and love Taylor. I don't love Carson but the hatred for him and how highly you talk about Heinicke just brings it out of me. We were beating the Vikings by double digits in the 4th quarter and were losing almost the entire game against the Titans. To say the Titans was more of a giveaway game is baffling. 

I don’t “hate” anyone unless they hurt me, my family or my friends.

I wanted Carson to succeed & be our long term 5-10 year answer, but it was clear he wasn’t & it was clear he wasn’t going to work. I wanted Carson to speed up his processing & get the ball out faster either downfield or if not, get to his check down, I wanted Carson to be more accurate & had hoped the reports the beat reporters gave in training camp of Wentz being widely inaccurate were just an exaggeration. 
 

I don’t know what you were watching but Carson wasn’t being efficient in our offense mainly bc he was taking bad sacks & was inaccurate in the short to intermediate range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

In my opinion turtle has always liked the back up QB more than the starter. By Heinicke constantly having that edge that it could be his last game it makes him easy to root for. We have to be fair though, turtle was right there with everyone calling for him to be benched at halftime for his terrible play. 

I think everyone understands that Carson Wentz is a more physically gifted QB than Heinicke. Myself, I only care about the snaps threshold, otherwise I would have preferred him to Heinicke all day long.

Heinicke does a good job in the pocket to avoid sacks, but the line has been playing much better lately. I feel that if Carson came back in he would be better than the first 6 games he played (which is still better than Taylor in every statistical category) and give us an actual shot to have a successful playoff run. 

 

(Some deep sadistic part of me hopes that somehow we meet the Eagles in the post season and Carson is forced into action and just tears them up sending them packing)

 

Carson would get the revenge on a franchise that took his MVP worthy season and gave all the praise to Nick Foles for the SB win. Then Carson can find a new team next year. Lol

I actually have liked much more of our starters than most in their forum.

1. I was a huge Brad Johnson fan in 99 & 00, I hated the signing of Jeff George, it ruined our chemistry & I hated that Snyder didn’t restrain him.


2. I was a huge Patrick Ramsey fan in 2002, 03 & 04. I hated the Mark Brunell trade.

3. I was a huge Jason Campbell fan & was upset when the Shanahan’s didn’t even give him a chance, trading him to the Raider in 2010.

4. I was a McNabb fan & still think Kyle Shanahan did a poor job of developing an offense like Andy Reid’s where McNabb would be more successful. Instead Kyle wasn’t flexible in his offense & it failed.

5. I was a huge RG3 fan & went on a rant after Kirk was given the job over RG3 in 2015. So much so that some of the things I said got me banned from the forum for over a month.

6. Kirk Cousins sold me after the “You Like That Game,” in his comeback win vs the Tampa Bay Bucs which, is the last Washington game I attended in person. I wanted Kirk signed to a long term deal in February of 2016 after the 2015 season when a lot of the forum wanted Kirk franchised or traded which, I thought was a mistake.

Lastly, The fact that Heinicke avoids bad sacks & makes routine plays most of the time allows our offense to sustain long drives, win time of possession & run the ball over 50% of the snaps which keeps our D fresh & helps them play at a high level.

I do not think that if Wentz was our QB the last 6 weeks that we would’ve went 5-1 bc Wentz takes bad sacks & that puts our offense at longer 2nd & 3rd down distances where we can’t run the ball on 3rd & 3 or less to get a first down or, throw a short pass to get a first down.

Sorry, Wentz did not sell me that he would’ve won more games as our starter over the last 6 games than Taylor has.

Edited by turtle28
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t “hate” anyone unless they hurt me, my family or my friends.

I wanted Carson to succeed & be our long term 5-10 year answer, but it was clear he wasn’t & it was clear he wasn’t going to work. I wanted Carson to speed up his processing & get the ball out faster either downfield or if not, get to his check down, I wanted Carson to be more accurate & had hoped the reports the beat reporters gave in training camp of Wentz being widely inaccurate were just an exaggeration. 
 

I don’t know what you were watching but Carson wasn’t being efficient in our offense mainly bc he was taking bad sacks & was inaccurate in the short to intermediate range.

I at no point expected Wentz to be a long term answer, but obviously I wished for it. Are you saying that Taylor has been more accurate? Because completion % would tell you you're wrong. The reason Carson wasn't "efficient" was because our o-line was trash. Try to be accurate when you're getting hit within 2-3 seconds every time you drop back. Getting Tyler Larsen back was also huge, did you watch Nick Martin's snaps? They were actually a joke. Also missing all of the tight ends who have been showing they can block make a huge difference. And the 7 step drops 40+ times a game was just idiotic game planning. The offense has completely changed and I'd like to see what it'd be like with Wentz when he gets to hand it off more than throw and be able to do some play action be able to use his arm. Obviously you can't go back to Wentz now after Taylor has been winning, but he's going to lose a big game from a horrendous throw. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...