Around the NFC East

turtle28

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Man the Giants got Isiah Simmons for a 24’ 7th rounder. We couldn’t have done that? 

What is his contract like? He was a 1st rounder on his last year of his deal right? I know he has had a pretty disappointing career so far, but we could use some more help at LB. 

I hope he doesn't resurrect his career in NY. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

What is his contract like? He was a 1st rounder on his last year of his deal right? I know he has had a pretty disappointing career so far, but we could use some more help at LB. 

I hope he doesn't resurrect his career in NY. 

Yeah, it's clear the Cardinals are tanking, and/or it’s always true that Simmons has been a huge disappointment so far. I think he should be playing SS & not LB personally. I sure hope he doesn't break out for the Giants though.

6 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

What a bust and a lot on here wanted him back then !

I definitely wanted him if we traded down. I do think he may be being used wrong as a LB though. I think he'd be better off being used like Kam Curl is as a WLB/Buffalo Nickel/SS. But, maybe I'm wrong too and he's just not good enough.

On 8/24/2023 at 10:45 AM, lavar703 said:

Man the Giants got Isiah Simmons for a 24’ 7th rounder. We couldn’t have done that? 

If the Cardinals are trading him, he's not good enough for them. They obviously don't want to give him a 2nd contract. We need to get over guys with names & just think they're automatically going to be better than our guys who have been here all off-season or in some cases years. Simmons might not make our roster! 😂

He’s been okay, but not better than our safeties. Maybe we’d keep him as a 5th safety? I'm not sure we'd cut Jeremy Reaves for Simmons seeing as Jeremy Reaves is a Pro Bowl special teams player.

14 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

49ersTrade Trey Lance for a 4th rd pick gives Cowboys some Dak Prescott leverage

Published August 25, 2023 08:23 PM

Gotta love ol Jerruh. He'll step up to the plate and take a swing at it! I hope our new owners might have a bit of swagger . Gonna take some time to see what they got in their jeans .

57 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Gotta love ol Jerruh. He'll step up to the plate and take a swing at it! I hope our new owners might have a bit of swagger . Gonna take some time to see what they got in their jeans .

He’s 23, with around 300 pass attempts in 19 games in college. He was over drafted but yeah I guess it’s worth a shot for a 4th rd pick. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

He’s 23, with around 300 pass attempts in 19 games in college. He was over drafted but yeah I guess it’s worth a shot for a 4th rd pick. 

I agree, for a 4th I wish we would've traded him to be our #3 QB. He still has a ton of upside, way more than Fromm for example who looks like he could develop into a decent back up.