OTAs and Minicamp thread

615finest

Burks is a guy and that is great but come on man. The AJ trade still makes no sense lmao. His route running is way cleaner but I do think Burks can do a few things just as good if not better than AJ. But AJ is top 5. RN idc it was a dumb move

AJ took philly to the SB ffs. Say what you want but he sparked them with a something to prove mindset and it worked. We lost 7 in a row and missed the playoffs after being the 1 seed. LIKE HELLO. Injuries be damned BURKS will ball I have no doubt but Imma need to see him win us games cause AJ did that.  

Tho I think Kyle is gonna be the guy as well so Im not as concerned as most about the WR room. Really gotta hope we get lucky with Injuries this year cause we didnt and wont change the way we train. Very frustrating to be a titans fan the last 15 months

2 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

Burks is a guy and that is great but come on man. The AJ trade still makes no sense lmao. His route running is way cleaner but I do think Burks can do a few things just as good if not better than AJ. But AJ is top 5. RN idc it was a dumb move

AJ took philly to the SB ffs. Say what you want but he sparked them with a something to prove mindset and it worked. We lost 7 in a row and missed the playoffs after being the 1 seed. LIKE HELLO. Injuries be damned BURKS will ball I have no doubt but Imma need to see him win us games cause AJ did that.  

Tho I think Kyle is gonna be the guy as well so Im not as concerned as most about the WR room. Really gotta hope we get lucky with Injuries this year cause we didnt and wont change the way we train. Very frustrating to be a titans fan the last 15 months

In no way did I nor was I saying that burks is better than AJ I said he’s more smoother than AJ. & I said I think he’s more Britt than AJ except with better hands. 

16 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

In no way did I nor was I saying that burks is better than AJ I said he’s more smoother than AJ. & I said I think he’s more Britt than AJ except with better hands. 

I didnt say you did? lol

Was just talking about how the trade makes no sense. Burks is Britt before the knee with way better hands I can get behind that one

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

lol, i straight up forgot we hired this guy. remember his name being in the mix for OC and forgot we brought him on after promoting kelly

Him and London both had OC interviews and came in for lesser roles. Add in Harris on defense and it really was a nice offseason for assistant coaches.

• Like 1

Yup Burks bout to pop off! He has the look of a Top 10/15 looking WR in league! He is HIM. Just has to stay healthy. Annnd Ryan has to stay up although IF he does go down and Malik learned to just THROW IT or we put Will in.. Just throw it towards 16 and we good. I'm really ok with our WRs I just think we needed a #2. I don't like NWI at all. Maybe Chig becomes the #2 now that he won't have to chip or outright block with our revamped Oline!

Corey Davis would've been perfect just like he was before (Health a issue I know) but no doubt he was a good #2. Drafted to high but still. 

I truly think we have a sneaky good team and it all comes down to health. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2023 at 6:45 PM, TitanRedd said:

The reality is that until this year AJ has not played in 16 games and only had about 1000 yards each year until this year (obviously 17 games).  So yea, comparing Burks to AJ before this year he isn't much less of a player and just needs to be healthy.  Stats alone don't do justice either as Philly had a much better OL and passing game.  And yes, Burks was just a rookie but had some real eye popping plays.  AJ Brown had almost 1200 snaps last year.  Burks had 393.  

Another good example is Chig.  Chig had 32 catches for 450 yards.  Not great except he did that with only 378 snaps.  Kelce and Kittle had over 1000.  

So bottom line is Burks might not as good as AJ but he plenty good enough if he can stay healthy and we have a pro bowl TE in Chig if he can stay healthy and they are smart enough to use him.  Both players suffered from our LT being the worst in the league and we beat the Jags in the last game if Daley doesn't give up a strip 6.  Yes, we win that one with Dobbs at freaking QB.