Week 13 Gameday thread

RamRod

19 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

@EliteTexan80

If Watson comes back next year and has a MVP caliber season, does he win Comeback Player of the Year as a 2nd year guy? His biggest competition could be a healthy JJ.

Poor Texans, what a terrible season

Going to a lot of eligible candidates for that award in'18 with all the unfortunate injuries to top players this year.

18 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

@EliteTexan80

If Watson comes back next year and has a MVP caliber season, does he win Comeback Player of the Year as a 2nd year guy? His biggest competition could be a healthy JJ.

Actually, the dance card is pretty full for CBPOY. Watson, Watt, Aaron Rodgers, Odell Beckham Jr, Richard Sherman, Eric Berry, Dalvin Cook, David Johnson, Joe Thomas...

I think Watson has competition all over the place. I'm banking on either Rodgers or Beckham winning, but I think Watson has a shot.

18 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Poor Texans, what a terrible season

I've been through Brock Osweiler starting 14 games. I've seen David Carr be beaten into a bloody pulp. I've seen Matt Schaub throw 13 consecutive pick sixes (at least it felt like 13 consecutive games). So I'm used to this, but this year is different...

One thing that makes it better is the World Series championship. No lie, that was awesome. 

Another thing? Next year, there is no question at QB. No debating on Hoyer v Mallet, no waiting for Schaub to implode, no false promises of Tony Romo, no $72mm on Osweiler. For the first time since 2002 - when David Carr beat the Dallas Cowboys in the first ever game for the Texans - I feel as if we have a franchise QB, and anything is possible now.

It's a good feeling, after a decade of waiting.

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Seriously? That’s almost to believe in all of NFL history that has never happened

Very impressive stretch of games for Keenan Allen but I'm kinda surprised as well. I'm sure there's been some people get close but just not quite hit that 10 reception mark.

12 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Very impressive stretch of games for Keenan Allen but I'm kinda surprised as well. I'm sure there's been some people get close but just not quite hit that 10 reception mark.

I know Andre Johnson had a run where he had numbers like that. I also think Antonio Brown is a game away from doing the same thing. 

Impressive nonetheless, Allen is an underrated WR. Has top 5 potential.

EDIT - Johnson had the 10/100 part of the equation in 2008, but didn't score the TDs (which is the narrative on his career, sadly).

http://www.nfl.com/player/andrejohnson/2505551/gamelogs?season=2008

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I know Andre Johnson had a run where he had numbers like that. I also think Antonio Brown is a game away from doing the same thing. 

Impressive nonetheless, Allen is an underrated WR. Has top 5 potential.

Yeah, Brown is. But if he doesn't play tomorrow night then I guess he won't get the opportunity.

Calvin Johnson had a four game run with 10/100+ in 2012, but only one TD. Hmm. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/calvinjohnson/2495647/gamelogs?season=2012

Randy Moss' first four games as a Patriot had the yards and TDs, but never had over 10 grabs

http://www.nfl.com/player/randymoss/2502220/gamelogs?season=2007

The more I measure Allen's run, the more impressive it gets.

7 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I get so sick of seeing it every week, White held Gronk the the whole route, then shoved him out the way to get the INT. No flag.

Just because he's better than everyone else doesn't mean they should be allowed to break the rules.

Like Gronk isn't allowed to push off every play...

Archived