Camp/OTA News

ET80

53 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Bobby Brown Dancing GIF

Just leave the cocaine at home, Bobby.

THIS is the role Jack Easterby was brought in to do - administration - but then Jacky boy got out over his skis and tanked the entire organization. 

No lie... his brother Andrew is the Texans' Dir. of Football Admin.

2 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Rotational body on the Wide 9, good. At present, I’d say Anderson/Hughes start, Greenard/Martin/Dylan Horton rotating.

Am I missing anyone?

Edit: Chase Winovich, missed him. He’s probably competing with Hughes and Greenard for the starting gig.

I said it before. JD would have been an all around better depth piece over Jacob Martin. If you're looking for strictly pass rush depth, then I get it. If you're looking  for a better culture guy, then I really get it. 

7 hours ago, Blaze said:

I said it before. JD would have been an all around better depth piece over Jacob Martin. If you're looking for strictly pass rush depth, then I get it. If you're looking  for a better culture guy, then I really get it. 

I would say culture has to take center stage over just about everything at this point. You have a young team with impressionable pros, a guy like Clowney needs to commit to putting in the work... and then actually DO the work. 

Talent wise, Clowney brings more to the table than anyone not named Will Anderson. He's that good, we've seen peak Clowney. But you've got to get him going at a rate he's never gone before, he's got to get his head on straight and keep it on for the entire year to justify bringing him in.

• Like 1

The more I think about it and the moves the Texans have made in the draft, FA, and post draftt.... 

I could really see the Texans trading for Mike Evans after June 1 (but prior to training camp)

- The Bucs save about $12M if Evans is moved after June 1

- After June 1 would still get Evans to Houston in time for camp (start working with CJ & team)

- It fills the one major hole left on our roster (#1 WR)

- I gotta believe the goal is the playoffs and make that #1 pick AZ is getting move into the 20's (then maybe media will stop complaining the Texans gave up too much... but I doubt it)

- Mike is from down Highway 6 in Galveston

- His foundation is in Htown and he runs camps theron Galvestone as well

- Got married in Htown

- Texans should have plenty of cap space to sign Evans to an extension next year

Since Mike is a free agent next year and the Bucs would probably take something over nothing, I am thinking a conditional 4th round that can become 3rd if Evans has over 1,000 yards receiving (he has never had less than 1000 yards receiving).  I am thinking a middle round pick because he may end up being a rental (but probably not).

I would include Charlie Heck who has the potential to start for the Bucs at RT,

C'mon Nick, get on the phone!

6 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Clown organization 

Given the name and number of folks sitting out, I’m good with Stroud not taking starter reps - once we get to TC, I expect Stroud to get the nod.

32 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Given the name and number of folks sitting out, I’m good with Stroud not taking starter reps - once we get to TC, I expect Stroud to get the nod.

I understand making Stroud earn but lets not fool around with this. Give him the reps he needs. I remember Lance not starting till year 2 and letting Jimmy G start but Mills aint Jimmy and Lance aint Stroud with the collegiate experience.