2023 EC Finals: (2) Boston Celtics vs (8) Miami Heat

11sanchez11

24 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I am 110% convinced 0% of today's NBA players could survive, let alone thrive in the 80s and 90s NBA with how physical and tough it was. 

I don't care that they are better athletes and the sport has evolved, these dudes with their current mindset/physicality wouldn't know what to do without the flailing of the head and throwing themselves to the ground to get calls every couple trips down the floor.

Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I did say "with their current mindset/physicality"....even with that though, I don't think they'd be able to translate their games seamlessly, I think the vast majority would struggle mightily when they realized they weren't in bubble wrap anymore.

I mean you can say that about 80s players with their mindset. Imagine a physical 80s team trying to win attempting two 3s a game and 0 spacing. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Trey Lance said:

I mean you can say that about 80s players with their mindset. Imagine a physical 80s team trying to win attempting two 3s a game and 0 spacing. 

Oh a team from 80s or 90s would be absolutely demolished against the worst team in todays league under todays rules…

The starting 5 would foul out in the first qtr lol

35 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I am 110% convinced 0% of today's NBA players could survive, let alone thrive in the 80s and 90s NBA with how physical and tough it was. 

I don't care that they are better athletes and the sport has evolved, these dudes with their current mindset/physicality wouldn't know what to do without the flailing of the head and throwing themselves to the ground to get calls every couple trips down the floor.

They do it because it's rewarded.. players will adjust to any set of rules you throw at them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adamq said:

They do it because it's rewarded.. players will adjust to any set of rules you throw at them

I understand that, but a lifetime of these extremely soft rules would undoubtedly create habits/muscle memory that would be extremely detrimental against old school hard nosed play paired with a rule set that rewarded it. I don’t think they’d be able to flick a switch and find success that’s all

• Like 1