Early 2024 NFL Mock

Shylo3716

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

5-1 in the division but still finish third and miss the playoffs?  Interesting take.........

I'm fine with getting a DT early.

Thank you. I appreciate your feedback.

AFC

1 Baltimore 

4 Miami

5 Kansas City 

3 Jacksonville 

6 New York 

2 Los Angeles 

7 Pittsburgh 

• Like 1

I don't think a TE makes very much sense for the Titans with who's there.  TE looks like a pretty strong position, unless they're trying to go to two TE sets as the base, and there's not a ton of evidence for that.  They just spent a pick on Whyle this past season, and Okonkwo looks like he's about to be a top tight end.

They desperately need help at receiver.  And if they're picking that high, things didn't go well.

A defensive tackle is another option, since they just have Simmons and some depth guys on the roster by then.  Teair Tart and Naquan Jones will both be FAs, I think.

A CB would make some sense as well if they don't get big growth from one of the young guys.  McCreary, Avery, and Farley could all conceivably break out, but unless all three do, or Kristian Fulton is re-signed, a number 1 corner will be a need too.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I don't think a TE makes very much sense for the Titans with who's there.  TE looks like a pretty strong position, unless they're trying to go to two TE sets as the base, and there's not a ton of evidence for that.  They just spent a pick on Whyle this past season, and Okonkwo looks like he's about to be a top tight end.

They desperately need help at receiver.  And if they're picking that high, things didn't go well.

A defensive tackle is another option, since they just have Simmons and some depth guys on the roster by then.  Teair Tart and Naquan Jones will both be FAs, I think.

A CB would make some sense as well if they don't get big growth from one of the young guys.  McCreary, Avery, and Farley could all conceivably break out, but unless all three do, or Kristian Fulton is re-signed, a number 1 corner will be a need too.

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback. I will take this into consideration within my next mock.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shylo3716 said:

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback. I will take this into consideration within my next mock.

I will also say take the need at receiver with a grain of salt.  It's unquestionably the biggest need on the roster, but they've ignored it for three drafts now.  What's one more?

Falcons make the playoffs. Then draft an offensive skill guy 4th year in a row? 

Sure. lol. At this point, it wouldn't shock me. Seems like the plan every year is fill the roster out with the most competent guys they can in FA, then draft BPA in the draft, which has been a falling skill guy every year, and then go heavy on OL and defense the 2nd day, then go BPA the rest of the way. (outside of the Ridder pick in 2022, that's basically how the drafts play out for Atlanta in the first 3 rounds).

On 6/1/2023 at 10:58 AM, scar988 said:

Falcons make the playoffs. Then draft an offensive skill guy 4th year in a row? 

Sure. lol. At this point, it wouldn't shock me. Seems like the plan every year is fill the roster out with the most competent guys they can in FA, then draft BPA in the draft, which has been a falling skill guy every year, and then go heavy on OL and defense the 2nd day, then go BPA the rest of the way. (outside of the Ridder pick in 2022, that's basically how the drafts play out for Atlanta in the first 3 rounds).

I don’t think Pitts, London or Bijan were “falling skill guys” with where they were picked 

On 6/2/2023 at 8:57 PM, Scoundrel said:

I don’t think Pitts, London or Bijan were “falling skill guys” with where they were picked 

You’re right. Each one was probably the best skill guy in their drafts. But in the past, a top WR goes before 8. A top RB does too. Outside of London, all of them are freak athletes

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

You’re right. Each one was probably the best skill guy in their drafts. But in the past, a top WR goes before 8. A top RB does too. Outside of London, all of them are freak athletes

Bijan is an elite talent but I don’t see him as a freak athlete