2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

4 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

What happened here? Guess I missed that we moved on?

i was wondering that too. was he just there as a tryout player at rookie mini camp? i saw on pft he signed with jax after a tryout at their rookie minicamp 

I feel a little bad about all the Mustipher hate online.  He actually did really good for a UDFA.   When he was a sub and not a full time starter he was okay.   The line improved a lot for a short time (from dysfunctual) when the initially moved him to center and Whitehair to guard.   It gelled a lot better for a number of games.   That didn't last though.   

I got really sick of Kenny Clark owning him.    

Bryce Young not getting any #1 snaps in OTA’s. It’s Dalton’s job until he shows total incompetence. Hopefully they tank to get the 33rd pick in the 2nd. 

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Bryce Young not getting any #1 snaps in OTA’s. It’s Dalton’s job until he shows total incompetence. Hopefully they tank to get the 33rd pick in the 2nd. 

I saw that and laughed and laughed.  I wish people on twitter would stop screaming that's what Bears did to gigantic failure.

We WANT them to do just that.

Give all Reps to Dalton.  Let him go down in flames and throw the rookie to the wolves mid season.   Just like Nagy did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I saw that and laughed and laughed.  I wish people on twitter would stop screaming that's what Bears did to gigantic failure.

We WANT them to do just that.

Give all Reps to Dalton.  Let him go down in flames and throw the rookie to the wolves mid season.   Just like Nagy did.

Dalton was unquestionably better in NO last year than he was for us or Dallas but I expect him to have a mid 80’s QBR this season at best. Thielen is likely washed, I like Mingo a ton but not where they got him and not as an immediately impactful player. Chark is honestly a pretty decent receiver but he’s only dependable for half a season at best. 

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I feel a little bad about all the Mustipher hate online.  He actually did really good for a UDFA.   When he was a sub and not a full time starter he was okay.   The line improved a lot for a short time (from dysfunctual) when the initially moved him to center and Whitehair to guard.   It gelled a lot better for a number of games.   That didn't last though.   

Agreed. Honestly if Pace and Poles had used him as depth I'd have been a much bigger fan. He simply was not a starter but was handed the role. I can't blame him for that, that was on Pace and Nagy being stupid and Poles already knowing the tank was a full go.

13 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Him significantly exceeding the expectations typical of a UDFA and him being wholly inadequate as a starting NFL C are not mutually exclusive. Most UDFAs never see the field at all outside of ST and yet Mustipher has managed to stick around the league long enough that he’ll qualify for a full NFL pension. Kudos to him. 

• Like 1