2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

14 minutes ago, G08 said:

Holy Matt Nagy... some of those playcalls had me crouched in a corner, rocking back and forth.

Also: the Lions are good.

I didn’t think the Lions looked anything special until the end when their line got it going. But it’s only the first week I expect them to get better going forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

I didn’t think the Lions looked anything special until the end when their line got it going. But it’s only the first week I expect them to get better going forward. 

Made plays when they needed to be made and then closed out the game like you'd see back in the 90s.

They're a tough team. 

8 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I didn’t think the Lions looked anything special until the end when their line got it going.

This was my take on it too. Lions looked fine but not special IMO. 14 points on offense against KC’s defense without Chris Jones is pretty meh, and if JFF missed a sure TD the way Goff seemingly did here the internet would explode about it.

I thought KC lost this game far more than DET won it. The Toney tip-to-pick six was a complete game changer, as KC was going to be in position to be up 2 scores. His drop on KC’s last drive at the DET 40 with a bunch of open grass in front of him cost them FG position (to take the lead) at minimum and possibly a TD on that play. A few other uncharacteristic drops by others ended drives. A 2nd and 1 failed end around in the RZ led to a FG on a drive where KC probably should’ve scored a TD. The failed 3rd and 1 end around off a snap to the TE. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen an Andy Reid team look that out of sorts on offense. 

• Like 2

Who would’ve thought giving Mahomes a necrotic Kelce and an army of scrub receivers would bite him  when Kelce can’t play. It’s kinda aggravating seeing some of these Star qbs having to deal with mgmt that thinks it’s ok to throw to XFL caliber guys

46 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Who would’ve thought giving Mahomes a necrotic Kelce and an army of scrub receivers would bite him  when Kelce can’t play. It’s kinda aggravating seeing some of these Star qbs having to deal with mgmt that thinks it’s ok to throw to XFL caliber guys

Craziest thing how subpar talent impacts stat lines and outcomes…  

11 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

He may fire Toney first

The man accounted for -2.3 expected points added per target meaning if you throw it to him 3 times, the opposing team scores a touchdown. He also received a 0 grade from PFF, I think they actually hit the nail on the head with that one

26 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Might sound weird but did anyone else thing David Montgomery somehow looked smaller and slower than he had in the past? might just be the change of uniform but it looks to me like he has lost some mass but not found any more speed.

I didn't see his cutting ability that I recalled while he was at Iowa State and then here.