2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

5 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Soooo….if i understand this correctly, if the bears beat the packers, they stop them from making the playoffs, right?

Pretty sure that is right…happy we are in the late window for the game as well…this can be a huge statement moving forward.

15 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Honestly the biggest clown in sports media...like makes LaCanfora look decent hahahaha

There is also the issue here of Aggregators. Not that he didnt say it, he definitely did, but it sounds like it was maybe amid a conversation (I have not heard it yet) and he was just talking through the situation there? Obviously he should have known the difference between a week from now, and 2025. But this happens alot when these guys go on TV/Radio hits or more so on Podcasts, where they are just chatting though things, and mis-speak or get their wires crossed with another story they are working. 

The Aggregators just post the stuff that the internet is buzzing over, and dont do any checking themselves. Feels like the Tweet should have been about Lombardi saying this, but questioning the validity (they halfassed it with the "extension" line) not pushing this false claim for clicks.

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Shocked there was no ban involved.

That’s a nothing fine for a guy with a net worth of $20 billion. From a ratio perspective that’s the same as taking someone with a net worth of $100k and fining them $1.50. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Banning him from Panthers games wouldn’t be a punishment though.  

True, it would be addition by subtraction. But I'm sure he would still find a way to telegraph decisions inside the facility.

37 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

That’s a nothing fine for a guy with a net worth of $20 billion. From a ratio perspective that’s the same as taking someone with a net worth of $100k and fining them $1.50. 

IDK if it is still in effect but I remember some European countries made several traffic violations' fines based on the person's income (or net worth?). So I would get fined a pair of stale Pringles whereas someone like Tepper could get a 7 figure speeding ticket.

Aside from just trying to be a spoilsport (because I would get a chuckle from it), I think that would be a lot more fair for the league. There were a few times guys were fined that literally had them playing for free the following week. Meanwhile Myles Garrett assaults a QB with a helmet where you and I would immediately be arrested by @CBears019, but he just gets $700K taken away of his $8+ mil cap hit (rookie deal). If he was making his current deal that would have been dramatically higher. A POS like Tepper is making way more than Garrett, so I think he should have a penalty that reflects his benefits from the league.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

True, it would be addition by subtraction. But I'm sure he would still find a way to telegraph decisions inside the facility.

IDK if it is still in effect but I remember some European countries made several traffic violations' fines based on the person's income (or net worth?). So I would get fined a pair of stale Pringles whereas someone like Tepper could get a 7 figure speeding ticket.

Aside from just trying to be a spoilsport (because I would get a chuckle from it), I think that would be a lot more fair for the league. There were a few times guys were fined that literally had them playing for free the following week. Meanwhile Myles Garrett assaults a QB with a helmet where you and I would immediately be arrested by @CBears019, but he just gets $700K taken away of his $8+ mil cap hit (rookie deal). If he was making his current deal that would have been dramatically higher. A POS like Tepper is making way more than Garrett, so I think he should have a penalty that reflects his benefits from the league.

I think the best hope here is that it'll be extremely embarrassing for him.  Just guessing he's used to more positive attention and the fine puts him in the news cycle twice in a week in an already humiliating season?

Progressive fines makes all the sense in the world.  Poor people get absolutely screwed trying to have a car, at least here in the city.  Nothing like seeing a booted POS car and wondering how many days of work it'll take someone to pay off their car... to get to work.  

• Like 1