2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

31 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Carolina finished 2-15

Their 2 wins came as time expired

They didn't hold a lead in the 4th quarter all year. Has THAT ever happened before?

I hope not. That's a wonderful level of mediocrity lol

15 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Rivera gone

Overrated goof

I’ve never understood the appeal. I’m sure he’s a great guy, but he’s been a very subpar HC at multiple stops now. Frankly he wasn’t really much of a DC either. 

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

He just got the boot. ATL wasted no time. lol

Shocker. 

LOL. Losing to Bears this year was a great way to get yourself fired. 

How could you lose to them?!?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

How many people would take Bill Belichick on Bears? 

Nah, especially if he wants to be the GM too. I want someone who can develop a QB, and I don't know that it happens even when Bill brings his boy McDaniels over as the OC.

Plus when he let Patricia - a DC who hasn't been an offensive coach since one year of being an assistant OL coach in 2005, start calling offensive plays - I think he has been in a decline. Yeah he can still call a defense but this isn't the same Bill from 10 years ago IMO, and he sure as hell doesn't have Brady to take care of the other side of the ball.

8 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I'm surprised that so far we only have 2 HC firings.  Usually its pretty rapid fire, isn't it?

I'm convinced that teams are getting smarter when it comes to their head coaches...the NFL along with any sport with drafting involved is designed to create parity...a couple of great players here or there takes an average looking coach to looking great...or some bad ones and an all timer can look like a sad old man standing in the snow...the league is so tight that getting rid of someone who can really lead men and keep a lock room together is more important than what scheme they offer...lots to weigh up before making these moves...I expect many more to come but it's a long few weeks...no rush.

• Like 1