2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

14 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Ok, but that’d be like if we had a coach who won 13-14 games every year but continually lost to GB, and fired that coach. It’s asinine. 

I think you are fooling yourself here. Have you seen the reactions around here when we were clearly supposed to lose? Imagine if we were a juggernaut team (13-14 wins) and we just kept getting swept by the Packers every year? This place would go insane

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think you are fooling yourself here. Have you seen the reactions around here when we were clearly supposed to lose? Imagine if we were a juggernaut team (13-14 wins) and we just kept getting swept by the Packers every year? This place would go insane

Seriously?  The Packers aren't this amazing squad, they are most likely 1 and done in the playoffs.  The Bears weren't officially eliminated from playoff contention until week 17 and the packers didn't lock it up until week 18.  You have a habit of justifying anything negative about the Bears as "not actually that bad"

I think the manner of the losses, and many of the game time decisions are the most concerning things about the current staff.  This is partly subjective, but they "looked" better coached and prepared in the tank season than they did this year, which is supported by more penalties year over year.  They also had an extremely easy schedule this year both by the preseason projections and the eventual regular season strength of schedule.  Despite that they always seem to face teams that have easy answers for them, even the crappy ones.  They also have the dubious honor of having a really high number of statistically unlikely late collapses which does the coaching no credit.  The teams they had good defensive or offensive outputs against were also mostly the terrible ones.  It's really concerning when we can barely edge the Panthers, who then hang 30 on the same Packers we can only kick on.  I think the thing that may convince Bears ownership and management to stay the course is the "culture" but it's hard to be impressed by the team feeling good about themselves after a loss.  If it's a choice, give me the hardass that is pushing for more after a win than the happy losers.  I think that stuff may matter less than the Bears keeping their assistant coaches exits mysterious versus the Giants having them exit noisily.  

There's an off color joke about a hunter going Bear hunting, and repeatedly missing his shot on the Bear, only to have the Bear capture him and give him the option of a mauling or some backwoods sodomy.  The hunter repeats his mistake until the Bear questions him "you're not in this for the hunting anymore, are ya?"  I'm starting to believe the Bears are just destined to turn into the same team of boring quiet losers with a defense, a run game, and a commitment to terrible passing game and are just inventing new methods to get there. 

15 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Ok, but that’d be like if we had a coach who won 13-14 games every year but continually lost to GB, and fired that coach. It’s asinine. 

i didnt say it wasn't asinine, i'm just saying that college football is a completely different beast thats driven by boosters and alumni donors. just look at jimbo fisher and how much boosters were willing to pay to get rid of him. mind you, A&M has only won 10 games like, 2 times in the last 25 gamess

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Frazier wanting to get back in...still wouldn't shock me to see us speak to him about DC (not a chance he gets a HC job IMO.)

George is probably psyched about the idea of BRINGING HOME A FORMER BELOVED PLAYER and forcing Eberflus to hire him as DC because he's such an idiot and thinks fans will LIKE that idea

57 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Seriously?  The Packers aren't this amazing squad, they are most likely 1 and done in the playoffs.  The Bears weren't officially eliminated from playoff contention until week 17 and the packers didn't lock it up until week 18.  You have a habit of justifying anything negative about the Bears as "not actually that bad"

He's been a Bears fan for 5 minutes. Give him a few years. He'll see

58 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Are you saying we were supposed to win in week 18? in Green Bay? Missing one of if not the most important Defender? on a do or die game for the Packers? Because if that’s the case, it’s just showing that your expectations are out of whack. It would have been an upset for sure. 

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Are you saying we were supposed to win in week 18? in Green Bay? Missing one of if not the most important Defender? on a do or die game for the Packers? Because if that’s the case, it’s just showing that your expectations are out of whack. It would have been an upset for sure. 

I'm saying neither team was "supposed to win" because thats not really the way the NFL works, especially for two middling at best teams.  I'm saying they need to be competitive, and certainly on offense they weren't' even slightly competitive.

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He's been a Bears fan for 5 minutes. Give him a few years. He'll see

Yea I don’t know anything about misery in football. Just lived and died with the worst stretch of football in the history of the league.

And those guys were still less sad sack, woe is me than most on this board

You guys pretend everything is the end of the world and the sky is falling. While in reality we just won 7 games. Had a chance at the playoffs with one of the best win improvements in the either league, which included turning a historicity bad defense into a pretty darn good one by the end of the year. 

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

What was your excuse for them losing week 1 to Green Bay?

You know who else was an underdog last week? The Rams, Giants, Titans, and Jets. 

8 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea I don’t know anything about misery in football. Just lived and died with the worst stretch of football in the history of the league.

And those guys were still less sad sack, woe is me than most on this board

You guys pretend everything is the end of the world and the sky is falling. While in reality we just won 7 games. Had a chance at the playoffs with one of the best win improvements in the either league, which included turning a historicity bad defense into a pretty darn good one by the end of the year. 

Imagine if they hadn't had 3 historic blown 4th quarter leads, played "pretty darn good" defense against good offenses, and the coach didn't hire so many perverts. Maybe they would've won 10

• Like 1

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Imagine if they hadn't had 3 historic blown 4th quarter leads, played "pretty darn good" defense against good offenses, and the coach didn't hire so many perverts. Maybe they would've won 10

This is just getting sad.

You were wrong. Just own it 

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Wrong about...what exactly?

That they would fire Eberflus. They didn’t do what you wanted them to and you are now lashing out. Enjoy your misery I guess. I’m going to enjoy the GM, Head Coach and Roster who helped turn us around from the worst team in the league last year all while having the anchor that was Luke Getsy chained around their necks by the Old Farts at Halas Hall