2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

That they would fire Eberflus. They didn’t do what you wanted them to and you are now lashing out. Enjoy your misery I guess. I’m going to enjoy the GM, Head Coach and Roster who helped turn us around from the worst team in the league last year all while having the anchor that was Luke Getsy chained around their necks by the Old Farts at Halas Hall

I literally thought they'd fire Eberflus mid way through the year and then predicted they'd keep him. The stuff yesterday, as I noted, was me getting my hopes up for a minute that they were inquiring on Harbaugh

Remember, HE hired Getsy. HE hired Alan Williams

Once again, they were 1-6 against good teams and won 4/7 games against teams that have fired their coach. What a turnaround!

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Remember, HE hired Getsy. HE hired Alan Williams

I keep trying to tell you this and you don’t want to listen. They were mandated to run the Green Bay offense. That severely limits your options. Don’t believe it if you don’t want to, I know it happened 

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Once again, they were 1-6 against good teams and won 4/7 games against teams that have fired their coach. What a turnaround!

And what did we do in 2022 against those teams? 

Your absurd expectations that ANYONE is turning around what was a trash heap of a team into a Winner quicker than they laid their plan out for shows that you aren’t basing any of this on reality.

It’s amazing that me saying they laid out a plan, they are showing improvement along that path, they should get the opportunity to complete what they set out for is some Radical sunshine pumping statement.

Oh thats right, you all think everyone would be DYING to take over this job. You guys were trying to say Vrabel would come here? Harbaugh has now passed on/out priced himself twice...

A major chunk of this fan base really is the Nebraska Cornhuskers of the NFL

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

He does make a ton of sense...just not sure at his age he will want the gig

Id agree with this. I still think it will be Borgonzi, allows to just keep the rest of the Defensive staff in place, especially if Eberflus is still going to be heavily involved in play calling

(that also likely means they are just going to give the Offense over to someone, which is something that most OCs dont get the luxury of, might offset the "long term" concerns)

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Id agree with this. I still think it will be Borgonzi, allows to just keep the rest of the Defensive staff in place, especially if Eberflus is still going to be heavily involved in play calling

(that also likely means they are just going to give the Offense over to someone, which is something that most OCs dont get the luxury of, might offset the "long term" concerns)

I would love to use the DC tag to get Kris Kocurek out of San Fran...

I like Borgonzi but if I am protecting an coach on this defensive staff it's Jon Hoke.

• Like 1

Just now, Madmike90 said:

I would love to use the DC tag to get Kris Kocurek out of San Fran...

I like Borgonzi but if I am protecting an coach on this defensive staff it's Jon Hoke.

And thats fair if they feel that they need to protect a guy from being poached. Im just going off of how close Eberflus/Bogonzi work. Not that he is necessarily the next big thing as a DC. I think it just allows them to basically keep everything status quo from the end of this year, which was clearly working.

34 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Just wasn't good enough, I like Pete, but he's no Eberflus. 

they made the playoffs last year and were a packers loss away from doing it again this year, plus the last two years draft classes have established pretty solid centerpieces for the team. i think him being 72 years old has just as much if not more to do with it than anything else. add the fact that he's becoming an advisor and not being fired leads me to think performance hasn't exactly been the reason