2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

3 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Another heartbreaking loss for the bills.  I said this earlier in the year, they’re just a tragic team.

Buffalo is going to be super pissed when they find out that Bass is a Swifty (Swiftie? Whatever they are)

14 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Nothing.  But as far as i can tell there’s only been one GM vacancy filled so far.

i think the only two spots i heard him interviewing at were WSH and LAC, and WSH was filled. I think whoever gets that coaching gig in LA (ahem, Harbaugh) will have the say on who they bring in at GM

17 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Another heartbreaking loss for the bills.  I said this earlier in the year, they’re just a tragic team.

Josh Allen is starting to give me Dan Marino vibes...

Dude is so talented...I just hope they figure out a way to get him a ring.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Josh Allen is starting to give me Dan Marino vibes...

Dude is so talented...I just hope they figure out a way to get him a ring.

He is awesome.  He just keeps running into Mahomes who is better and has a better coach.

Kind of like Manning with Brady.

30 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He is awesome.  He just keeps running into Mahomes who is better and has a better coach.

Kind of like Manning with Brady.

In every full season (so since takin over as a starter) Patrick Mahomes has made every single AFC Championship game... Thats Insane

And I picked you mopes over being a Chiefs fan

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

In every full season (so since takin over as a starter) Patrick Mahomes has made every single AFC Championship game... Thats Insane

giphy.gif

He's a legend already.

I became a Bears and Bulls fan in 1984.

Same year Portland Trailblazers picked Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan.

Year before Bears had - according the John Madden - most fun year in football history.  

Then in 2017 the Bears passed on Patrick Mahomes - a lot of guys here were pounding table for him.   Sadly, I can't claim that.  

I didn't really look into him because I thought we were taking a DB and going with giraffe neck man as our QB.  I believed the Ryan Pace head fake.  He even faked out John Fox.  His HC. LOL.  

But we drafted our Sam Bowie and KC got Jordan.

I don't even watch NBA anymore.  I hardly missed a game in late 80s and early 90s.

But I am stuck in this frozen prairie known as Illinois rooting for one of most poorly run organizations in NFL.

Run while you can!  You should bail.  If I grew up in Missouri I would be cheering for Mahomes and floating in Ozarks on a nice Pontoon.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

giphy.gif

At least I was born into this stupid franchise fandom, Misery is way easier to accept when you're doomed from birth.

But you?

dumbanddumber-jim-carrey.gif

Obviously kidding. Glad to have you over here. We can both enjoy success vicariously through the Chiefs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Always liked Morgan as a player and thought he was underrated...has climbed the ladder quickly as a exec but if I am honest this hire feels like no one else wanted to put up with Tepper.

I loved how aggressive he was. Wasn't dirty IIRC but the dude was always seeking contact. He was was my comp for Brandon Spikes, though obviously Spikes was bigger and slower. Both just seemed like they should have been playing in the 70s and 80s and they'd have been stars.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Anyone heard much about Ian Cunningham?  

Really need him to get picked up tbh... It's like a comp pick 3rd to us or something if I recall.  We need an extra pick or two.