2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

17 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Really need him to get picked up tbh... It's like a comp pick 3rd to us or something if I recall.  We need an extra pick or two.

It'd be two 3rd round comp picks. One this year's drafts and one the next.

Honestly though I'd be perfectly fine if he doesn't get a job this cycle. It's only a matter of time he does but he may be more valuable to the front office now vs getting an extra 3rd this year 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

he may be more valuable to the front office now vs getting an extra 3rd this year 

entirely fair.... I don't think it was a super popular take at the time last year, but the draft classes we have had, especially last year, have been pretty good for the most part. WR being both of our two major misses (though I'm not quite ready to write off Scott just yet... even if kid has dropped some really big plays)

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

which is exactly why he had to retire early because of concussion issues

True. He, Kuechly, and Borland all cited concussions as the reason for retiring. The game can be vicious.

But that tenacity was also what made him special. He made a damn good career out of it and it led to him being respected enough to get to join the league on the management side.

Looks like LAC is going to sign Jim Harbaugh.  Rumor was he'll want to control the front office hires, so I'm guessing Ian Cunningham is out there.  I think he's a good talent evaluator, would not be mad to have him back as much as the comp picks would be nice.

3 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Looks like LAC is going to sign Jim Harbaugh.  Rumor was he'll want to control the front office hires, so I'm guessing Ian Cunningham is out there.  I think he's a good talent evaluator, would not be mad to have him back as much as the comp picks would be nice.

On the contrary, I'm hearing smoke that Pete Carroll is making a hard push to be the HC in LAC

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Harbaugh is defos taking an NFL job within the next 24 hours hahaha...

Huge loss for Miami

all the smoke is Vic going to philly - which is where he would have been last year had it not been for the weird tampering issue going on with AZ and Gannon

34 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

all the smoke is Vic going to philly - which is where he would have been last year had it not been for the weird tampering issue going on with AZ and Gannon

Would be an interesting move for Philly to go to a 3-4 D to be honest...that secondary needs rebuild as it is...

I just think if Harbaugh is back in Vic will want to be there...timing makes sense considering Harbaugh's 2nd interview with Atlanta was cancelled.

35 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

LV needs a QB, is drafting in the mid teens and therefore likely out of reach for the top 3-4 QBs. Telesco and Poles have history in making trades (Mack) - is LV looking like a better landing spot for JF? 

LV would make sense...I think the Steelers also make a ton of sense for Fields...

Coaching hires in Atlanta & Seattle will make things interesting...

Denver an outside bet...

Miami/Rams/Tampa really outside bets all for different reasons.

4 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

LV needs a QB, is drafting in the mid teens and therefore likely out of reach for the top 3-4 QBs. Telesco and Poles have history in making trades (Mack) - is LV looking like a better landing spot for JF? 

They interviewed Getsy for their OC job. The presumption being they want info on Fields, and I am extremely skeptical Getsy was enthusiastically endorsing Fields after the pairing between them already got him fired once. Now I'd also doubt the raiders hire Getsy, so there's a shot whoever they do hire might still want Fields, but I can't see them being in the mix after interviewing Getsy. 

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1