2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

32 minutes ago, refundmytickets said:

Wish the Bears could have hired him for their OC role. That franchise is in a rough spot but the NFC South isn't exactly strong right now.

Probably give it two years and we can hahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Actual feel sorry for Canales...this has came a year too fast and now he is in a terrible situation...

He and Bobby Slowik should have taken note of Ben Johnson last year.

Id say atleast a year too soon. Hes basically still a QBs coach.

I know so many are enamored with getting an "offensive Head Coach" but if you cant do the Head Coaching, then what is the point?

This, along with the Dan Morgan move feels more like no one wants to deal with Tepper than anything else.

It sure would be nice to have another Top 40 pick from them next Draft as well

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Belichick without a team in 2024? Would be pretty crazy.

Makes me wonder if he will have to give up his demand to be the HC and GM. Seeing his work as GM lately I would imagine that could be a deal breaker. I said elsewhere on here, Bill the coach? Sweet. Bill the GM? Hell no. 

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Actual feel sorry for Canales...this has came a year too fast and now he is in a terrible situation...

He and Bobby Slowik should have taken note of Ben Johnson last year.

I feel the same, which absolutely guarantees that Carolina will be a juggernaut somehow this year

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Makes me wonder if he will have to give up his demand to be the HC and GM. Seeing his work as GM lately I would imagine that could be a deal breaker. I said elsewhere on here, Bill the coach? Sweet. Bill the GM? Hell no. 

I think BB’s biggest issue getting a new gig is pretty straightforward:

If he gets a job and it goes well right away he probably sets the win record in 2 years. Does he retire then? In a best case scenario for the hiring team, the answer can probably only be maybe or yes. Is there a team out there who wants to hire a coach who might be around only 2 years? Probably only if he’s coming with his successor on his staff, and to that end, BB’s assistants have been terrible as HCs after leaving his staff for over 20 years now.

And that’s assuming he’d take a HC job without GM powers. I can’t imagine a team out there would hire him as GM. He’s been the worst GM in the league for years. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

$132k put in and only $50k out? If he’s money laundering he’s terrible at it.

Yea hadn’t seen those numbers. It was just the amount of bets that made it seem that way

Thats double digit bets PER DAY for two years straight. That’s wild

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea hadn’t seen those numbers. It was just the amount of bets that made it seem that way

Thats double digit bets PER DAY for two years straight. That’s wild

Addiction is addiction my friend. I have a few friends that are almost certainly there in terms of bet volume (far different budget). My friends and I do March Madness opening weekend in Vegas or Laughlin or wherever every year and not only do we bet something on every tournament game we also bet spring training baseball, NBA, NHL, horses and whatever else is on the board. For me that’s a 4-day vacation where that’s where my entertainment budget goes, with more casual and thoroughly researched betting the rest of the year. For them it’s like March Madness most days but on a smaller scale. I would guess on a fall weekend they have 20+ bets both Saturday and Sunday just on the football. They crave the short rush of winning the same way a smoker craves nicotine or an alcoholic craves a drink.

At quick glance tonight there are 8 NBA games, 4 NHL games, 9 D1 NCAAM basketball games, PGA, all the European soccer and the Australian Open. Tomorrow has over 150 D1 NCAAM basketball games. With multiple online books (IL has nearly 10 of them now) all running various promos, plus every game offering both line/total options plus player props on every major statistical category you can think of AND live odds in game betting it’s really easy to dabble a little in a lot of things if that’s your drug of choice.

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I’m still not so sure 😂

At least he got a six year contract out of it

He got 6 years because he’s going into a situation that’s pretty undesirable for the top candidates (questions at QB, an extremely subpar roster and no 2024-1 or 2025-2 picks with which to build it back up and a meddling owner who is quick to fire coaches). Pretty sure Canales didn’t even get an interview anywhere else which, despite his work with Mayfield this year, speaks to where he was on the league’s radar. 

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 1