2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

A lot of those guys grew presumably too.  They are different now than in 2010 and you also need extra responsibility to grow.  

Especially since guys were in limited roles. I mean Slowik was a defensive assistant for WAS. Dude had almost no impact on anything, he was just learning at that point. Forward 10+ years and he's one of the hottest names in coaching and potential head coaches. But even then most of his responsibilities jumped up the last few years. Being a HC is a whole different beast. 

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Lamar didn't play great, but I have to admit that this was coolest play I saw all weekend.

That and the TD that was caught off the DBs facemask were my favorite plays. Both had me laughing. 

Sad that the worst play and the best play of the game was both by Lamar though. That INT into triple coverage was brutal. 

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Especially since guys were in limited roles. I mean Slowik was a defensive assistant for WAS. Dude had almost no impact on anything, he was just learning at that point. Forward 10+ years and he's one of the hottest names in coaching and potential head coaches. But even then most of his responsibilities jumped up the last few years. Being a HC is a whole different beast. 

That and the TD that was caught off the DBs facemask were my favorite plays. Both had me laughing. 

Sad that the worst play and the best play of the game was both by Lamar though. That INT into triple coverage was brutal. 

I thought so too, but if you watch that INT from endzone angle it was open briefly.  Short window because endzone cuts off field, but it was there.  

TE had angle and position and was bigger.  He was behind the DB and a slower short LB was trailing.  Lamar threw it late and under threw it badly.  

In real time it looked really bad.   If he throws it on time and accurately it is a TD.

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I thought so too, but if you watch that INT from endzone angle it was open briefly.  Short window because endzone cuts off field, but it was there.  

TE had angle and position and was bigger.  He was behind the DB and a slower short LB was trailing.  Lamar threw it late and under threw it badly.  

In real time it looked really bad.   If he throws it on time and accurately it is a TD.

17 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Pick #20 for Fields?

Not being critical here, but why is Arthut Smith repeatedly linked to Fields?  It has always been the "default" trade target on podcasts and comments, and if it's going to follow him to PIT I just don't get it. I feel like nobody from Atlanta ever thought that was a thing, it was just a thing that someone put out there and hoped was true, like Kate Beckinsale having a thing for dorks from Chicago. 

1 minute ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Not being critical here, but why is Arthut Smith repeatedly linked to Fields?  It has always been the "default" trade target on podcasts and comments, and if it's going to follow him to PIT I just don't get it. I feel like nobody from Atlanta ever thought that was a thing, it was just a thing that someone put out there and hoped was true, like Kate Beckinsale having a thing for dorks from Chicago. 

The scheme Smith runs and how much he values the run makes it an easy fit...when Smith's offence was at it's best in Tennessee it was based off a power running game as well as a mobile QB who could also take downfield shots to a physical receiver...dropping Fields into that is a far better fit than Ridder ever was an now Pickett will be.