2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

15 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Maybe Matt Nagy gets job.  

I immediately thought of The Fall of Rome piece - the Course of Empire, Destruction.

Cole_Thomas_The_Course_of_Empire_Destruc

If Nagy gets the HC gig when Reid steps down, I can't wait to be able to see the KC version of this piece.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I immediately thought of The Fall of Rome piece - the Course of Empire, Destruction.

Cole_Thomas_The_Course_of_Empire_Destruc

If Nagy gets the HC gig when Reid steps down, I can't wait to be able to see the KC version of this piece.

I just hope when Reid eventually leaves KC it's by crashing backwards through a wall saying "Ohhh yeah!"  Guess I have different tastes in art than you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Would be bad news for the whole league if Ben Johnson is waiting to see if Andy Reid retired after the Superbowl.

I still have a hard time believing that rumor. Especially since the Kelce rumors are coming from the same places.

It feels more like guys got caught off guard with the Saban stuff, and dont want to get caught with their pants down again

If the stuff from a few years ago didnt pull him away from football, Id be surprised he walks away now. They all seem to be having way too much fun

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I just hope when Reid eventually leaves KC it's by crashing backwards through a wall saying "Ohhh yeah!"  Guess I have different tastes in art than you. 

I want to see both now. 

Couple weeks ago I would have said there’s a 90% chance Vrabel, Johnson and Slowik all get HC jobs. The fact that none of them did is mind blowing to me. If Caleb looks good next year and Bears wanna upgrade the HC there will be no shortage of options. 

2 minutes ago, Docknstein11 said:

Couple weeks ago I would have said there’s a 90% chance Vrabel, Johnson and Slowik all get HC jobs. The fact that none of them did is mind blowing to me. If Caleb looks good next year and Bears wanna upgrade the HC there will be no shortage of options. 

I wouldn't rule Vrabel out just yet...him and Adam Peters are reportedly close and with Washington not getting Johnson it opens everything back up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I want to see both now. 

KA2.png

Bing AI made a bunch of these, and some of them are upsetting.  Weird thing? Like REALLY weird thing?  I didn't say anything about it being the Chiefs.  They're adapting.  Pretty sure JJR is going to settle on a single QB1 soon and then the missles will start to countdown. 

• Like 1

wow, Slowik staying as well?  Even though I think Eberflus isn't on the hot seat unless the team significantly regresses, this is a good season to have a "lame duck" if that crew turns out to be correct, considering the 2 hottest prospects outside of Harbaugh are still on the board.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

wow, Slowik staying as well?  Even though I think Eberflus isn't on the hot seat unless the team significantly regresses, this is a good season to have a "lame duck" if that crew turns out to be correct, considering the 2 hottest prospects outside of Harbaugh are still on the board.  

I can’t believe we haven’t heard more about Vrabel. He was 1A/1B with Harbaugh for me. Dude had a half season of good QB play and never had an overly impressive roster yet won more than he lost. I think he’s a great coach. Thought SEA made a lot of sense for him but they just hired Macdonald. 

18 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

KA2.png

Bing AI made a bunch of these, and some of them are upsetting.  Weird thing? Like REALLY weird thing?  I didn't say anything about it being the Chiefs.  They're adapting.  Pretty sure JJR is going to settle on a single QB1 soon and then the missles will start to countdown. 

What is happening with guy on bottom left?  And face on guy on right. That is creepy.

Look at back ground guys too.  Weird.  

43 minutes ago, Docknstein11 said:

I can’t believe we haven’t heard more about Vrabel. He was 1A/1B with Harbaugh for me. Dude had a half season of good QB play and never had an overly impressive roster yet won more than he lost. I think he’s a great coach. Thought SEA made a lot of sense for him but they just hired Macdonald. 

It seems like the league is taking a hard swing towards trying to find the next McVay or McDaniel and unless you have a legendary reputation (Harbaugh) or you find a team that just wants you that much (Morris) it might be hard to get a second head coaching gig in the league right now

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

It seems like the league is taking a hard swing towards trying to find the next McVay or McDaniel and unless you have a legendary reputation (Harbaugh) or you find a team that just wants you that much (Morris) it might be hard to get a second head coaching gig in the league right now

The TN fans say Vrabel was overrated as a coach and shouldn't be credited with overachieving years as much as ACs.

He doesn't know Xs and Os that great.

I am not sure how they would know that, but that is what they say.  It seems league kind of agrees with them.  At least for now.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

The TN fans say Vrabel was overrated as a coach and shouldn't be credited with overachieving years as much as ACs.

He doesn't know Xs and Os that great.

I am not sure how they would know that, but that is what they say.  It seems league kind of agrees with them.  At least for now.

Not sure I've seen a better example of bitter fans trying to cope with their new situation. 

Mike Vrabel has been a Great Coach, and just about every single player that has gone through Tennessee has backed him up.

Unless Callahan can turn Will Levis into a Superstar (which everything Ive ever seen from him would be a long shot) then they are about to be wallowing at the bottom the the league wishing they had Vrabel back.

• Like 2