What future death of an aging celebrity will bum you out?

Mr.UFO

6 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

What made Dimebag Darrell Abbot's death so hard to accept is the way he died -- murdered while playing on stage. It's like something out of a movie.

True story:

That happened when I was in high school. A friend of mine said, "Wanna go watch that concert?", to which:

A. We couldn't, it was in a club and you had to be 21 and over, which we were not

B. His mom freaked out and said "NO WAY, people die at those types of concerts!!!!!". The abridged version...his mom was at The Who concert in Cincinnati where a bunch of people died, so we pacified her but then made eye contact with each other, chuckled, and lovingly rolled our eyes.

C. Fast forward to the next day post assassination and his mom went on a legendary rant as we sat there speechless trying to process what had happened.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

What made Dimebag Darrell Abbot's death so hard to accept is the way he died -- murdered while playing on stage. It's like something out of a movie.

Neil Peart is the musician death that moved me the most.

Edited by downundermike

17 hours ago, MWil23 said:

True story:

That happened when I was in high school. A friend of mine said, "Wanna go watch that concert?", to which:

A. We couldn't, it was in a club and you had to be 21 and over, which we were not

B. His mom freaked out and said "NO WAY, people die at those types of concerts!!!!!". The abridged version...his mom was at The Who concert in Cincinnati where a bunch of people died, so we pacified her but then made eye contact with each other, chuckled, and lovingly rolled our eyes.

C. Fast forward to the next day post assassination and his mom went on a legendary rant as we sat there speechless trying to process what had happened.

That's a chilling story. What's also weird is that isn't the only strange death at a public event in Columbus. That's also where a child died when a hockey puck hit her at a Blue Jackets game. That's why the NHL now has netting over the crowd.

1 hour ago, Mr.UFO said:

That's a chilling story. What's also weird is that isn't the only strange death at a public event in Columbus. That's also where a child died when a hockey puck hit her at a Blue Jackets game. That's why the NHL now has netting over the crowd.

Her parents took her there for her birthday party too. Awful 

I considered adding Vince McMahon to my list. But I'm not sure how I will feel about his passing. He did so much for pro wrestling, but I heard several stories about what an a-hole he is. But I guess that's par for the course when dealing with billionaires. The Mr. McMahon character was not a big stretch.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I feel like Chuck Norris is the one that I’m not looking forward to. 

His tombstone will have legs and kick anybody who walks by it. (That one can be added to the World's Most Interesting Man type of list that somebody made about Chuck Norris.)

• Like 1