Kyrie Irving Sweepstakes

the lone star

Where Does Kyrie Irving Go This Offseason?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Where Does Kyrie Irving Go This Offseason?

• Mavericks
    • Lakers
    • Suns
    • Nuggets
    • Celtics
    • Heat
    • Jazz
    • Magic
    • Rockets
    • Spurs
    • Knicks
    • Hawks
    • Hornets
    • Raptors
    • Bulls
    • Pistons
    • Clippers
    • Thunder
    • Pacers
    • Other (Specify Below)

In an ideal world, Dallas sign and trades him away in multi team deals to Phoenix or LA, along with Bertans and THJ. Then they get back nice role players, and maybe Ayton while keeping their pick.

So probably Dallas.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Sweepstakes?

I would agree that would be generous.  This feels like overwhelmingly in Dallas' favor.  If the Lakers could flip D'Angelo Russell for Kyrie Irving, I think they would.  But I don't think Dallas is interested.

For the same reason the Mavs could trade for him for cheap, they'll re-sign him. Not a lot of teams want to touch him with a 10 foot pole, Mavs have bird rights, Mavs are desperate to maintain any talent for Luka cause they have no path otherwise. Only way he goes elsewhere that I could see is a sign and trade with the Suns or Lakers.

2 hours ago, the lone star said:

I've heard plenty of news that ties him to leaving the Mavs. The Lakers and Suns are top teams mentioned in such rumors.

i guess in case it wasn't obvious with my previous post, I don't see why KD would allow Kyrie to sign there.

5 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

For the same reason the Mavs could trade for him for cheap, they'll re-sign him. Not a lot of teams want to touch him with a 10 foot pole, Mavs have bird rights, Mavs are desperate to maintain any talent for Luka cause they have no path otherwise. Only way he goes elsewhere that I could see is a sign and trade with the Suns or Lakers.

It's going to be nearly impossible for the Lakers to acquire him since the only way he'd get significant money is via S&T, and that's complicated when they have to re-sign Rui Hachimura and Austin Reaves.  They'd need to move on from Malik Beasley and Mo Bamba in order to do so, and they'd effectively be hurting their roster depth by doing so.

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's going to be nearly impossible for the Lakers to acquire him since the only way he'd get significant money is via S&T, and that's complicated when they have to re-sign Rui Hachimura and Austin Reaves.  They'd need to move on from Malik Beasley and Mo Bamba in order to do so, and they'd effectively be hurting their roster depth by doing so.

Can't act like that would be different than what they usually do.  The Lakers are going to make a final run with Lebron and need another player to carry some load for a while.  I don't think it works well or is successful but its a last ditch effort.  

I think the Mavs would be better off with Russell and something else from the Lakers since I don't think Kyrie and Luke work together.  But honestly I wouldn't be shocked if he has very little interest on the open market and not sure he will bring all that much back in a sign and trade deal. 

19 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Hurting their depth by getting rid of two dudes that are giving NOTHING right now? Lol, they will be fine. But if I read correctly, they can't bring back Rui if they were to get Kyrie. If I'm wrong, please correct me. Losing Rui would hurt as he could emerge into a very reliable role player that could help carry the load in some games. 

If they don't make a move for someone like Kyrie, how can they realistically improve the team? Bring this team back for the most part and just hope the surgery works for LeBron and gets him back to being the 30+ point scorer he was before the injury? 

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hurting their depth by getting rid of two dudes that are giving NOTHING right now? Lol, they will be fine. But if I read correctly, they can't bring back Rui if they were to get Kyrie. If I'm wrong, please correct me. Losing Rui would hurt as he could emerge into a very reliable role player that could help carry the load in some games. 

If they don't make a move for someone like Kyrie, how can they realistically improve the team? Bring this team back for the most part and just hope the surgery works for LeBron and gets him back to being the 30+ point scorer he was before the injury? 

My guess is you would be banking on Reaves continuing his ascent.

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's more about the spending ability than the actual production themselves.  Right now, if the Lakers were to trade Mo Bamba and Malik Beasley they could acquire a player(s) up to just over $33.6M.  IF they were to turn down Malik Beasley's option and waive Mo Bamba, they'd get absolutely nothing in return for them.  Add in the FRP this year that they'll finally be able to trade plus potentially their '29 FRP and that's a start to a reasonable trade offer for some quality role players.

As for the way to improve the roster, they'll probably run it back.  I'd anticipate that D'Angelo Russell has lost himself a LOT of money this postseason.  Honestly, I think the Magic are the only team that might scare me that would throw crazy money at him.  Both Reaves and Hachimura are both going to sign long-term deals with LA.

23 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's more about the spending ability than the actual production themselves.  Right now, if the Lakers were to trade Mo Bamba and Malik Beasley they could acquire a player(s) up to just over $33.6M.  IF they were to turn down Malik Beasley's option and waive Mo Bamba, they'd get absolutely nothing in return for them.  Add in the FRP this year that they'll finally be able to trade plus potentially their '29 FRP and that's a start to a reasonable trade offer for some quality role players.

As for the way to improve the roster, they'll probably run it back.  I'd anticipate that D'Angelo Russell has lost himself a LOT of money this postseason.  Honestly, I think the Magic are the only team that might scare me that would throw crazy money at him.  Both Reaves and Hachimura are both going to sign long-term deals with LA.

If Dallas is on board for Beasley + Bamba + #17 for Kyrie, would you do it? Do that and re-sign Reaves, Rui, and Schroeder and you have a solid rotation.