2018 Off-Season Prediction

lavar703

Who might Breeland compare to? Pretty close to Amerson stat wise and at least not a substantial difference. Oakland gave Amerson 4 years/$34M with $17.5M guaranteed ($5.5M fully guaranteed). Will somebody pay Bashard something like that - probably. Knock it down to $25M/4years if you want; still is $6M @ year. If you think Breeland is better, well the price goes up doesn't it?

Usually you give 2 to 3 years for a WR or CB to really get up to speed. Between last year & this year (years 3 & 4) he's put up about the same numbers (averaging this season) so I think you've seen what you're gonna get. Not really panned out real well as the #2 across from Norman. 

I doubt Quick will stay anyway. 4 targets/4 catches/3 1st downs and a 15.0 yard average. For whatever reason, Washington won't use him. 

Don't see the Skins dumping both Compton & Foster. It's just the way they do things. Definitely bring back both kickers. In Hopkins 2nd year they gave him the job with no competition and he started out pretty flat. Does much better with somebody pushing him in camp. 

I expect they'll draft a TE, especially if they are willing to part ways with Reed. Reed has health issues anyway, haven't seen enough of Sprinkle, Paul is a non-factor and how long will Davis last? Dump Paul - I've been favor of that for 2 years. If they can't/don't think they can sign Kirk pretty much need to draft a QB.

Looking at this years rash of injuries I think Long stays. With Chase you got 2 guys that can play both G & C. Lauvao spends more time on his back than on his feet plus isn't consistent in run blocking. Certainly not worth the $4M @ year he got in each of the last 2 seasons. See you later.

Galette comes back to camp until they see who else they get considering how long they kept him on the non-football injury list. He's paid to get sacks, which he has only 2 but has gotten into the backfield. I cringe with him against the run but still would see how he does in camp. If he gets beaten by some other guy - so be it but insurance.

Not based on what I think they should do just more of what I expect Washington to do without a shakeup in the FO.

4 minutes ago, SeattleSkin said:

Who might Breeland compare to? Pretty close to Amerson stat wise and at least not a substantial difference. Oakland gave Amerson 4 years/$34M with $17.5M guaranteed ($5.5M fully guaranteed). Will somebody pay Bashard something like that - probably. Knock it down to $25M/4years if you want; still is $6M @ year. If you think Breeland is better, well the price goes up doesn't it?

Probably somewhere in this range (you already listed one):

Chris Harris, Jr. Broncos $42,500,000 $8,500,000 $10,000,000 $2,000,000 23.5% 2020 UFA
Kareem Jackson Texans $34,000,000 $8,500,000 $20,000,000 $5,000,000 58.8% 2019 UFA
David Amerson Raiders $33,000,000 $8,250,000 $5,500,000 $1,375,000 16.7% 2021 UFA
Johnathan Joseph Texans $22,000,000 $7,333,333 $11,500,000 $3,833,333 52.3% 2018 UFA
Adam Jones Bengals $22,000,000 $7,333,333 $6,000,000 $2,000,000 27.3% 2019 UFA
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Giants $35,000,000 $7,000,000 $11,980,000 $2,396,000 34.2%

2019 UFA

6 minutes ago, SeattleSkin said:

I expect they'll draft a TE, especially if they are willing to part ways with Reed. Reed has health issues anyway, haven't seen enough of Sprinkle, Paul is a non-factor and how long will Davis last? Dump Paul - I've been favor of that for 2 years. If they can't/don't think they can sign Kirk pretty much need to draft a QB.

They can't trade Reed this offseason, they'd be selling incredibly low on him.  They're not going to cut him either, so I don't see how Reed isn't back next year.  Davis has been our best TE this year, and they just extended him so he'll definitely be back.  Sprinkle's on a rookie deal and hopefully will show he's the best blocking TE on the team.  I'm all in favor of dumping Paul, he's garbage IMO.  They like to carry 4 TEs since we don't carry a FB, so drafting another one is definitely a possibility IMO.  

8 minutes ago, SeattleSkin said:

Looking at this years rash of injuries I think Long stays. With Chase you got 2 guys that can play both G & C. Lauvao spends more time on his back than on his feet plus isn't consistent in run blocking. Certainly not worth the $4M @ year he got in each of the last 2 seasons. See you later.

Long is pretty injury prone which scares me.  Plus, we seemed to intentionally draft his replacement this year when we traded up for a Center.  I have a feeling someone will overpay for Long in free agency.  

I agree with most of it, and given our disagreements over the years I honestly didn’t think I’d agree with any of it. It’s quite amazing the 180 you’ve done on Cousins and what you’re willing to pay for him now given that you were dead set against giving Kirk $40 to 50 million guaranteed after his amazing run in 2015. If we had signed him then, his contract would look like a huge bargain today compared to Carr & Stafford’s but I am glad you’ve finally seen the light even if it may be two years too late.

I agree with Woz that it’s not a slam dunk that Rose will be kept over Hopkins. I’d love to see that competition next offseason and may the best man win.

I think both Long and Murphy will be cheap to re-sign given they’re coming off injury riddled seasons. Given their versatility to play 2 positions Long (C & G) and Murphy (OLB & DE), I think it actually makes more sense to re-sign them than Galette and Taylor, but I’d re-sign all 4. 

I love the rest of what you did, both free agency and especially the draft good job Lavar.

3 hours ago, mar29020 said:

you must love losing 

I really don't .. you act like a rookie qb or a high prospect qb is a bad option .

ill give i a hint it's been working a lot lately for teams .

dont stopnliking my posts tho because of an disagreement I'm getting that vibe from u 

If any of you guys believe that Teddy Bridgewater is any consolation prize to anything, please don’t play this game. He flat out sucks. He is so overhyped and does not meet the value of a back up. McCoy would be the better option than brining in Teddy B. 

If Cousins leaves, I bet you Bruce does what it takes to get Josh Rosen, while the smarter choice would be to go with Clayton Thorson in the 2nd from Northwestern. 

For the record I don’t see Cousins leaving, but I am not 100% sure about it either. 

On 12/3/2017 at 10:51 PM, lavar703 said:

@Woz

-The reason I kept Galette is because he'll probably come back very cheap and he's been decent rushing the passer. 

I wonder how much Galette's price might change now that McCloughan is gone. Scot gave him his chance and he seemed incredibly grateful to Scot for that. Now that he's gone, I wonder if he'll be that cheap.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

I wonder how much Galette's price might change now that McCloughan is gone. Scot gave him his chance and he seemed incredibly grateful to Scot for that. Now that he's gone, I wonder if he'll be that cheap.

Considering how he's sucked this year I don't see how his asking price could be that high.  I still wouldn't bring him back.  There's no upside.  Bring in someone young who can develop and can contribute on special teams.  

On 12/4/2017 at 1:38 PM, MKnight82 said:

He's going to be a RFA, so we should be able to bring him back on the 2nd round pick designation.  I think he'd only cost us like $2 - $2.5 mil or something like that on a one year deal.  I'd much rather him back than someone like Galette.  

Both OTC and Spotrac have Murphy as a UFA after the season.

On 12/4/2017 at 1:38 PM, MKnight82 said:

I believe Ryan Grant will be a RFA as well, I'd put the original round tender (4th) on him to keep him on the cheap for one year.  I'd let him walk after that.  

Grant's also a UFA.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Considering how he's sucked this year I don't see how his asking price could be that high.  I still wouldn't bring him back.  There's no upside.  Bring in someone young who can develop and can contribute on special teams.  

True, but I think he could walk away even from a vet min deal because of how the franchise treated Scot.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Both OTC and Spotrac have Murphy as a UFA after the season.

Grant's also a UFA.

Ya I saw that yesterday.  Apparently rookies signed to 4-year deals never become RFAs.  Only players with exactly 3 years of NFL service become RFAs.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya I saw that yesterday.  Apparently rookies signed to 4-year deals never become RFAs.  Only players with exactly 3 years of NFL service become RFAs.  

It's how it has always been (UDFAs can only sign a max length deal of 3 years for this very reason).

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I wasn't trying to say it was something new, just that it must have slipped out of one of my ears at some point.  

Keep in mind, this only applies to drafted guys who stick on their rookie contract. Robert Davis, for instance, will likely end up as a RFA in two years time because he was cut and his rookie contract went poof.

Archived