Yankees, Marlins Agree to Giancarlo Stanton Trade, lulz Cards/Giants

ramssuperbowl99

On 12/4/2017 at 10:48 AM, marshawn lynch said:

#fakenews No way they would agree to two trades. And theres no way that they would want to leak that they have a deal set in place with multiple teams. That stuff does not go over well with other GMs

Sure they would. It's perfectly reasonable if they are honest up front and say "hey we are getting all our offers that we are willing to accept and then asking Stanton where he wants to go." Given his NTC it is better business. Can you imagine the ClusterF if a Lucroy situation happened with him?

You really have to respect a guy who feels like the Giants and Cardinals aren't good enough for him due to size of market / competitiveness.  Two most successful NL franchise ever and neither are bad per se and San Francisco is a huge market but too small for Giancarlo. 

He's like the anti Shohei.  I love it.

15 minutes ago, mission27 said:

You really have to respect a guy who feels like the Giants and Cardinals aren't good enough for him due to size of market / competitiveness.  Two most successful NL franchise ever and neither are bad per se and San Francisco is a huge market but too small for Giancarlo. 

He's like the anti Shohei.  I love it.

Not really.  He's essentially he'll only go to four teams: 3 of which represented their leagues in one of the past two World Series.  There's only a handful of teams who can afford him.  He can't have his cake and eat it too.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

According to Rosenthal, Stanton doesn't want to join the Giants or the Cardinals lol (I'd post a link, but it's behind a paywall on the athletic) . But he says that Stanton's thinking is "fluid"

The situation from the beginning is Stanton waiting for the Dodgers situation to be a hard, hard no. Then he will simply pick from whoever is left.

He wants the Dodgers.

I'm honestly starting to think that Stanton isn't moved by the start of the season unless he surrenders to StL or SF. The most I've heard from the teams that he's mentioned is that the Dodgers have shown some very minor interest, but seem content on not really pursuing it. The other three I haven't heard anything about having interest in Stanton. Now, that can change in a hurry, but I don't think it will. I think it's very possible that Stanton opens the season in a Marlins uni if he's not on the Cards or Giants. 

Archived