Who's The Greatest Player of All Time?

mdonnelly21

173 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the a greatest player of all time?

• Tom Brady
    • Jerry Rice
    • Joe Montana
    • Don Hutson
    • Jim Brown
    • Otto Graham
    • Lawrence Taylor
    • Reggie White
    • Barry Sanders
    • Walter Payton

On 12/13/2017 at 12:34 AM, Iamcanadian said:

I just wonder how good his stats would be if he hadn't played with 2 HoF QB's, in an era where teams didn't have a clue on how to defend a WCO, that his HC invented???

Look at his work with the Raiders - Rich Gannon was not a HoF QB, and the WCO ran by the Raiders was not exactly the same system used by Bill Walsh. (Not to mention, people knew how to stop it by then).

If Rice could change up and still post up big numbers in his 40s, I'm sure his talents would have shown up in another system/coach/QB in his 20s.

6 minutes ago, everlong said:

Sanders is one of the biggest playoff chokers of all time.

Dude. What. He's a running back, not a quarterback. I'd like to see your evidence on how he's choked a lot in the playoffs. 

Not to mention you're dealing with far too small of a sample size to make such a firm statement. Detroit hardly gave him any playoff games.

14 minutes ago, RedRider said:

Dude. What. He's a running back, not a quarterback. I'd like to see your evidence on how he's choked a lot in the playoffs. 

Not to mention you're dealing with far too small of a sample size to make such a firm statement. Detroit hardly gave him any playoff games.

The Lions made the playoffs 6 of the 10 seasons he played in.

4 minutes ago, everlong said:

The Lions made the playoffs 6 of the 10 seasons he played in.

So 7 games. Because they never advanced, except in 91. Considerably more than all other players on this list (of those who played in the playoff era).

Edit: he only appeared in 6 playoff games.

Just now, RedRider said:

So 7 games. Because they never advanced, except in 91. Not many games at all compared to other greats like Brady, Manning, Emmitt Smith, etc.

Partly because Barry failed to step up when the Lions needed hin most. 13 carries, -1 yard.

3 minutes ago, everlong said:

Partly because Barry failed to step up when the Lions needed hin most. 13 carries, -1 yard.

He also had a 169 yard rushing game, a 98 yard game, a 70+yd and 2 TD game. His stats dipped in the playoffs, yes, but not to the level of "biggest choker of all-time" (again, if you can say RB's even choke).

Archived