2023 NBA Finals: (1) Denver Nuggets vs (8) Miami Heat ||| Nuggets are Champs!!!

11sanchez11

Congratulations Nuggies!

I'm not mad at MIA at all, they overachieved that entire postseason run and they finally ran up against a team who wasnt going to let them get past.

Jimmy and Bam played horrible that entire series. It felt like I was watching Struss, Vincent and Martin try to win it every game instead of the 2 actual All Stars. What a weird series by them

Edited by AkronsWitness

I'm not kidding, the Nuggets were one of the least inspiring franchises my entire life, outside of the brief Melo era. The other teams that were mid before winning their titles (Warriors, Bucks) at least had more fun eras or exciting stars. I mean this with all due respect, but it's cool to see such a middling franchise be able to come up and win a title. Gives me hope for my own middling franchise lol. 

They were clearly the best team in this postseason and it wasn't particularly close, only the Suns gave them even a bit of a scare. Well deserved title, no asterisks to be had on this one. 

On the other side, I'm not kidding, I think the Heat just had the worst offensive performance I've ever seen in a Finals series (relative to the league, obviously early 2000s basketball was so much worse offensively). It's 2023 and they scored less than 100 points in 4/5 games. Shot under 40% a couple of times. Awful offensive display. Credit to the Nuggets defense for some of that of course, but jesus. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

I'm not kidding, the Nuggets were one of the least inspiring franchises my entire life, outside of the brief Melo era. The other teams that were mid before winning their titles (Warriors, Bucks) at least had more fun eras or exciting stars. I mean this with all due respect, but it's cool to see such a middling franchise be able to come up and win a title. Gives me hope for my own middling franchise lol. 

They were clearly the best team in this postseason and it wasn't particularly close, only the Suns gave them even a bit of a scare. Well deserved title, no asterisks to be had on this one. 

On the other side, I'm not kidding, I think the Heat just had the worst offensive performance I've ever seen in a Finals series (relative to the league, obviously early 2000s basketball was so much worse offensively). It's 2023 and they scored less than 100 points in 4/5 games. Shot under 40% a couple of times. Awful offensive display. Credit to the Nuggets defense for some of that of course, but jesus. 

Pretty sure like 10 years ago I said they should be the first team considered if the league shrunk.

5 hours ago, General Tso said:

so Heat are trading for Dame right

With what assets? They shouldn’t trade Bam and that’s the only guy I would think POR might want. Herro is another guard, and they’re loaded at that spot. Doubt they look to add Herro to an already crowded back court (and they’re probably gonna have to draft a combo G at 3).

Idk where Dame is gonna wind up, but I would be shocked if it was Miami, just given what little they have to offer as far as assets and contracts.

My guess is Dame stays in Portland, as they won’t ever be able to find the appropriate value/trade partner. 

Hate to see the Heat's season end like that, but they just ran into a better team and couldn't keep the magic going. All that talk about Jimmy's ankle has to have some merit with the way he played down the stretch, but I don't think it would've mattered anyway. When the Heat played their best ball they were in it, but for every 5-10min hot stretch they went on, there was a 12-15min one of sloppy forced shots and turnovers. Can't do that stuff at the top. Add to that how bad Spo is with personnel decisions (really, Zeller at the start of the 4th?) and it was going to take everything going right to knock this Nuggets team off. At least Jokic and Murray gets rings. 

I will say Bam played a great series. He doesn't have to be an offensive juggernaut, but he did enough in that aspect in addition to the off the ball and defensive work to finally win me over. Hope he keeps it up. 

It's Dame or bust this offseason for me. Obviously, I'd like to keep Herro but I don't see a world where that's possible. Maybe Vincent, Jovic, and a few 1sts, but pretty sure someone would outbid that.