2023 NBA Finals: (1) Denver Nuggets vs (8) Miami Heat ||| Nuggets are Champs!!!

11sanchez11

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Denver in 6.

Sounds about right but they are going to make it harder on Murray than the Lakers did. The zone won't work nearly as well against the Nuggets but the Heat have the personnel to slow everyone down minus Jokic. But the Heat's offense is just not consistent enough, especially when Butler isn't going off. Nuggets in 6 is probably what it ends up being. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sounds about right but they are going to make it harder on Murray than the Lakers did. The zone won't work nearly as well against the Nuggets but the Heat have the personnel to slow everyone down minus Jokic. But the Heat's offense is just not consistent enough, especially when Butler isn't going off. Nuggets in 6 is probably what it ends up being. 

Jokic in the middle of the zone should feast.  spacing to work for a shot, kick to the corners for 3's or lob for a dunk to Gordon

I don't see this going longer than 5. Unlike Boston, Denver has a consistent offense. They can hang with good Miami. Bad Miami cannot hang with Denver. I thought Miami would beat the Knicks and had a good shot against Boston going into those series. I do not see it against Denver, especially with how beat up and tired they are.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jimmy Buckets says that he took that personally.

On paper, this is an easy Denver win. But it was the same for Milwaukee and Boston. That said, I do think Denver matches up way better with the Heat than the Bucks or Celtics ever did, sure we obviously expected them to win due to difference in talent levels, but pure matchup wise it was fine for the Heat, they've always been good at taking advantage of the Bucks defensive scheme and always play Boston close. No one on Miami is stopping Jokic though and Denver has the defenders to throw at Butler and Caleb "Steph Curry" Martin. 

I'll still say Nuggets in 5 but I'm not gonna be surprised if the Heat spit in the face of logic again.

• Like 2