Free agent P Brett Kern retires after 15 seasons

TheKillerNacho

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/01/brett-kern-retires-after-15-seasons/

The long-time Titan caught on with the Eagles last year, taking over punting duties after Arryn Siposs went down. Kern made three Pro Bowls while with the Titans and was named a first-team All-Pro after the 2019 season. He retires with a career average of 45.9 yards per kick.

genuinely want him in the titans ring of honor. one of the best to ever do it and a key piece of our renaissance in recent years. i'll always remember his perfect punt to essentially ice the game vs new england in our 2019 playoff run: 

• Like 2

"Despite having the third highest yards per punt average in NFL history, Kern was waived by the Broncos on October 26, 2009."

Josh McDaniels did this, just so he could sign Mitch ******* Berger.

Good on Brett for carving out such a good career.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Who is the guy that always talks about rando's making the HOF? @RuskieTitan???

With Ray Guy being the only Punter in the Hall of Fame today, and without having Super Bowl rings to support and endorse his inclusion, I think Kern's likely on the outside looking in with respect to his Hall of Fame candidacy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

With Ray Guy being the only Punter in the Hall of Fame today, and without having Super Bowl rings to support and endorse his inclusion, I think Kern's likely on the outside looking in with respect to his Hall of Fame candidacy.

They're reserving the next HOF spot for the best ginger to ever play football, Johnny Hekker.

• Like 1