Bills sign OLB Leonard Floyd

TheKillerNacho

This I really like. They won’t need to feel the need to rush Von back. Shaq Lawson on early downs and Floyd on obvious pash rush situations on one side, a combo of Groot and Epenesa on the other. Solid group. When Von gets back they’ll be able to get creative with their groupings as well.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

This I really like. They won’t need to feel the need to rush Von back. Shaq Lawson on early downs and Floyd on obvious pash rush situations on one side, a combo of Groot and Epenesa on the other. Solid group. When Von gets back they’ll be able to get creative with their groupings as well.

The only question I have is, how much of a hybrid defense is Buffalo's?

Leonard Floyd played his entire career at OLB

26 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I think it will be multiple fronts. McDermott used to use Lorenzo Alexander is multiple ways from DE to LB to DT. I think he'll do some similar things with Floyd. Miller was similar last season as well. 

• Like 1

Love it. The Bills needed another pass rusher and I have a lot higher hopes of the defense this season with the return of Von Miller, Micah Hyde and now the addition of Floyd. The loss of Tremaine Edmunds may hurt a little but I also think having Sean McDermott being the DC this year and calling all the plays will be better. 

Edited by The BILLievers

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

But he was a DE in college and has the frame to play DE in the pros.

25 minutes ago, scar988 said:

But he was a DE in college and has the frame to play DE in the pros.

Was he? My quick search says he was listed as a Linebacker in college too:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/leonard-floyd-1.html

if CFBR is inaccurate, fair enough... and yeah, no doubt he has the frame for it (but that wasn't my concern).

EDIT: Virtually all of my searches for him in his college days refers to him as a Linebacker... I cannot find a single one referring to him as a DE while at Georgia, so I think you're in error on that bit. The only reference I can find of him playing Defensive End was in High School, so it's been awhile for him.

15 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Was he? My quick search says he was listed as a Linebacker in college too:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/leonard-floyd-1.html

if CFBR is inaccurate, fair enough... and yeah, no doubt he has the frame for it (but that wasn't my concern).

EDIT: Virtually all of my searches for him in his college days refers to him as a Linebacker... I cannot find a single one referring to him as a DE while at Georgia, so I think you're in error on that bit. The only reference I can find of him playing Defensive End was in High School, so it's been awhile for him.

During the time he was at UGA, he played DE as a freshman before Richt changed DCs his last two years to Jeremy Pruitt and moving Floyd to OLB. but he was a DE his first season.