2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

40 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

He hasn’t played well as a whole. New OC might want a new QB. 

He has played about as good as he could with what he was allowed to do, he has shown vast improvements as the season went on.  If a new HC or OC want a new QB then they aren't going to be hired and I would question their ability as a coach.

14 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

where are the packers getting all this money?

Gotta think Cobb is released in the offseason with Adams and Jordy having top WR contracts. Be a good get for us in the slot. 

With GB spending all this cash on offense I have to think they’re losing basically all their defensive FA. I don’t see it as a need since Amos took a step this year, but I would not be upset to see us take a shot at Morgan Burnett this offseason. Always been a big fan and still pissed they snakes him leaving us with all that was Major Wright. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Gotta think Cobb is released in the offseason with Adams and Jordy having top WR contracts. Be a good get for us in the slot. 

With GB spending all this cash on offense I have to think they’re losing basically all their defensive FA. I don’t see it as a need since Amos took a step this year, but I would not be upset to see us take a shot at Morgan Burnett this offseason. Always been a big fan and still pissed they snakes him leaving us with all that was Major Wright. 

Cobb hasn't done anything since he signed his contract.  Please no randell cobb

54 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

He has played about as good as he could with what he was allowed to do, he has shown vast improvements as the season went on.  If a new HC or OC want a new QB then they aren't going to be hired and I would question their ability as a coach.

The “as good as he was allowed” excuse doesn’t really fly with me cause that same playcalling was why our play action was as good as it was. How can you say if we passed more we would’ve been better at it based on our lack of passing game talent at almost every position 

4 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Cobb hasn't done anything since he signed his contract.  Please no randell cobb

Cobb has been the same guy his entire career outside of 2014. He’s a versatile 60-70 catch slot WR who’s missed just 4 games the past 4 years and is still just 27. Nobody is saying give him a truckload of money but he’s be a pretty sizable upgrade over Wright IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

The “as good as he was allowed” excuse doesn’t really fly with me cause that same playcalling was why our play action was as good as it was. How can you say if we passed more we would’ve been better at it based on our lack of passing game talent at almost every position 

So you think the Bears will take a $23,753,802 dead money cap hit and get rid of Trubisky? ?‍♂️

I’ve seen some crazy suggestions in the past decade here, but wow. 

20 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

I didn't say if he was allowed to pass more, but if you watched the games it is apparent that he was told play a very safe game while having his hands tied with running on 1st and 2nd down almost 75% of the time at one point.  For what ever reason this started to change in the Bengals game where that play action passing you are talking about was being used.  But go ahead and throw him to the curb, the Bears can just draft a QB every year in the 1st until they find that instant superstar.

8 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I didn't say if he was allowed to pass more, but if you watched the games it is apparent that he was told play a very safe game while having his hands tied with running on 1st and 2nd down almost 75% of the time at one point.  For what ever reason this started to change in the Bengals game where that play action passing you are talking about was being used.  But go ahead and throw him to the curb, the Bears can just draft a QB every year in the 1st until they find that instant superstar.

Why is the hyperbole here so bad haha. What are you even trying to say here?  We all know the playing calling was what it was and then you said throw him to the curb?  Did you quote the wrong person?

Archived