2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

@G08

That was how I got into Supernatural, the Newsroom, and House. Waited for the latter two to stop production before I binge-watched them. I still haven't seen Game of Thrones because I want to go through it all at once as well. Then will be Shannara. Read all the books and have enjoyed it, just hope I'm not waiting forever for a crap show. lol

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

@G08

That was how I got into Supernatural, the Newsroom, and House. Waited for the latter two to stop production before I binge-watched them. I still haven't seen Game of Thrones because I want to go through it all at once as well. Then will be Shannara. Read all the books and have enjoyed it, just hope I'm not waiting forever for a crap show. lol

I’m gonna do the same with GoT. Just started binging The Wire from start to finish last week. At 1.9 now I think. Great stuff. 

1 minute ago, pigsooie5 said:

Guess I’ll be the one to bring this back on topic.

Karl Klug is still out there, would be a terrific depth signing that fits Vic’s system really well. 

I forgot he was still unsigned. He'd be a great add...

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Klug would be a decent add, he is a step down from Unrein IMO but would be able to rotate in at least.

I’m kinda thinking we are done with FA outside of some minimum salary benefit type deals. We are at $24M or so in cap space and will be at $21M if we match on Meredith. $8M or so will go to the draft class. We will likely allocate a chunk to Goldman in an extension, and will need to leave some for in-season signings as well. 

13 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m kinda thinking we are done with FA outside of some minimum salary benefit type deals. We are at $24M or so in cap space and will be at $21M if we match on Meredith. $8M or so will go to the draft class. We will likely allocate a chunk to Goldman in an extension, and will need to leave some for in-season signings as well. 

I'd wager you're right. Klug shouldn't get more than $3 mil in the best of circumstances, and we have seen enough players taking seemingly lowball offers (maybe that is just my armchair GM opinion though). Maybe we could get him for $2 mil and call it done. Meredith is the only real priority pre-draft though.

Pretty damn good job so far though. Without White and Sims we are at about $50 mil in cap space next year. I have my doubts on Chase Daniels being here next year too, so that puts us up over $54 mil after his $2 mil dead cap. We have plenty of room to work on a few deals for our own guys.

Future FAs of note

This is a contract year for a few guys -

Goldman, Amos, RRH, Lynch, O'Donnell, and Massie (- - ->  AND GENTRY  lol)

2019 is the contract year for -

Howard, Whitehair, Bullard, Trevathan, Kwiatkoski

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

We still need 28 players I believe. We cannot be done with free agency, unless we are signing 21 UDFA

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

We still need 28 players I believe. We cannot be done with free agency, unless we are signing 21 UDFA

I meant free agency of obvious consequence. We should see some minimum salary benefit type deals for sure. Career practice squad guys. Some has beens likely on their way out of the league. Camp bodies. Zero guarantee deals to guys not likely to make the team but who may potentially win a deep reserve job and be inactive most weeks. Those are basically what I see coming from here on out. Those deals won’t impact our cap anyway. But by and large the guys we have now plus the draftees are likely basically our 53, save for maybe a guy here or there. 

On 4/9/2018 at 3:43 PM, Sugashane said:

@G08

Watched all of Supernatural.  Binge read GoT through first 3 books then had to wait  5 years for each new one.  So I get idea of waiting.  GoT series was one of few ever that was as good as books   

Shannara show kind of sucked IMO. Never read books. 

Just binge read John Gwynne sp? fantasy series   Beat I’ve read in awhile.

Joe Abercrombie and Mark Lawrence are also very good.

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

EFFFF.... lol

I was wondering if they would have to cut too much. Kind of like the Eragon series being jacked up and ruined to make a movie. 

I didn't watch whole thing.  Show was very much made for teenage girls.  Like Twilight.   Lots of bone skinny girls naturally tougher, stronger, faster and more honorable than the boys, but no one realizes it because of patriarchy.   Young boys with abs and shirts off everywhere, foolish adults not quite as smart as the young ins and goofy overly evil orc villains whose motivation is that they are naturally evil.  

Often that stuff works better in print than in live action where you find yourself rolling your eyes a lot.

Archived