2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Bears front office ranked 4th least prepared for contract negotiations by a poll done with 25 agents.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/04/19/nfl-agent-poll-bruce-allen-redskins-bill-belichick-demaurice-smith/528741002/

There is an asterisk next to the browns saying its specifically before John Dorsey, which i take to mean its more an overall historic reputation and not really reflective of this administration. If we are talking about Emery and Angelo, i can buy that somewhat.

Not sure if anyone else saw this or not, but i was reading about Preston Brown's contract in Cincy, and the article mentioned that in his 1 year/5 million deal, 2 million of that come in the form of a workout bonus. the interesting part of that is that workout bonuses don't count towards the compensation draft pick formula, so the analysis essentially shows a 1/3 contract. i thought that was pretty interesting, and would love to see Pace utilize a "loophole" like that in the next couple years when he begins depth signings like this in an effort to grab a couple more lottery tickets. 

Not sure if anyone else saw this or not, but i was reading about Preston Brown's contract in Cincy, and the article mentioned that in his 1 year/5 million deal, 2 million of that come in the form of a workout bonus. the interesting part of that is that workout bonuses don't count towards the compensation draft pick formula, so the analysis essentially shows a 1/3 contract. i thought that was pretty interesting, and would love to see Pace utilize a "loophole" like that in the next couple years when he begins depth signings like this in an effort to grab a couple more lottery tickets. 

• 3 months later...

Archived