2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

26 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Trent Murphy would be a fantastic under the radar signing with a lot of upside. Very similar to Akiem Hicks. 

He had a 49TT 9.5 sack sophomore season. He was on pace for a 12+ sack 3rd year. The Injury AND suspension are definitely concerning, but if he can regain his form, that's an extremely high upside FA signing. 

He's in my next mock, I'd love to get him here.

21 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think he’s only back in Miami if he’s tagged. I think he’s gonna get stupid big money on the FA market and be the biggest FA bust of this offseason. Dude had 112 catches this year and didn’t break 1000 yards receiving. 8.8 ypc is a running back number, and 10.1 ypc over 400 catches for his career is pure slot receiver, and frankly even low for a guy like that (Wes Walker for example 11.0 ypc for his career). Someone’s gonna give him like 6/80 with like half guaranteed, and that’s insane IMO. 

The stats don’t lie. But he’s capable of more. He does his job. He returns punts because he’s explosive, can break tackles and can score TDs. He would give us a go to WR. Moot point though 

QB FA predictor

Kirk Cousins - Jax ~ QB away.  this will be a great team with cousins

Alex Smith - Ari - 2 or 3rd rounder is cheaper than two 1st

Teddy Brigdewater - Minn. ~ they drafted him he is healthy they go with Teddy most upside 

Sam Bradford - Washington

Case Kenum - Cleveland ~ Case has had his career year I really don't think he will duplicate this season next year.  He would be a great guy to get the brown out of the cellar of the league and still drafting a QB in the first.  I could see Kenum and Allen on the browns Roster

This leaves the Jets, Broncos, Giants and the Browns as teams drafting a QB in round 1

It's a weird year for QBs. Lots of decent options who could hit market, a draft that has between 2 and 5 frist round talents depending on who you ask...

Teams that definitely/maybe need a QB right now are many: NYG, CLE, DEN, NYJ, ARI, JAX / BUF MIA, WAS, ARI, KCC(bridge?)

Glad we took our swing at QB last year in the "bad" draft class and not this year!  Can you imagine the Bearsenfreude if we had had to move up from 8 to 2 to get one this year?

5 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

It's a weird year for QBs. Lots of decent options who could hit market, a draft that has between 2 and 5 frist round talents depending on who you ask...

Teams that definitely/maybe need a QB right now are many: NYG, CLE, DEN, NYJ, ARI, JAX / BUF MIA, WAS, ARI, KCC(bridge?)

Glad we took our swing at QB last year in the "bad" draft class and not this year!  Can you imagine the Bearsenfreude if we had had to move up from 8 to 2 to get one this year?

And as hyped as this years QB class was the 2017 Class is of Trubisky Watson and Mohomes might all turn out better

Kudos for Pace to have the vision to see this

I think you have 4 guys in the top 10 Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield  two more guy as mid to late 1st rounders in Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph  

4 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

If I am Cleveland I am loving it right now...you trade a 2nd for Alex Smith...draft Barkley and keep Josh Gordon clean and Njoke developing and you have an offence that will win you games.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If I am Cleveland I am loving it right now...you trade a 2nd for Alex Smith...draft Barkley and keep Josh Gordon clean and Njoke developing and you have an offence that will win you games.

Browns could get a Bradford or one of the QBs that gets cast off of the Vikings to bridge for a draft pick.  Plus I want alex smith in the NFC its more wide open AFC is a two team conference right now and its the Pats and Steelers

1 minute ago, Rogerthat said:

Browns could get a Bradford or one of the QBs that gets cast off of the Vikings to bridge for a draft pick.  Plus I want alex smith in the NFC its more wide open AFC is a two team conference right now and its the Pats and Steelers

Doesn't really matter what you want dude lol...if Cleveland want to win they need to get away from cast offs...get yourself a top 10 QB regardless of the cost...he will save everyone's job.

One of the things I've been reading about Nagy is that he runs a heavy shotgun offense.... Which probably would help Mitch out as well, since he's more used to playing out of the gun...

That being said..... Whitehair is a bit of a concern to me as a C long term in a shotgun heavy offense, with his snapping issues..  Might be worth exploring the Center market in FA and pushing Whitehair to OG (or hell maybe even testing him at RT, considering he was PFF elite graded OT in college)

7 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

QB FA predictor

Kirk Cousins - Jax ~ QB away.  this will be a great team with cousins

Alex Smith - Ari - 2 or 3rd rounder is cheaper than two 1st

Teddy Brigdewater - Minn. ~ they drafted him he is healthy they go with Teddy most upside 

Sam Bradford - Washington

Case Kenum - Cleveland ~ Case has had his career year I really don't think he will duplicate this season next year.  He would be a great guy to get the brown out of the cellar of the league and still drafting a QB in the first.  I could see Kenum and Allen on the browns Roster

This leaves the Jets, Broncos, Giants and the Browns as teams drafting a QB in round 1

Cousins - Denver - Elway and Joseph both are getting warm backsides and do not have time to develop a QB.

Alex Smith - Miami - Tannehill isn't Gase's guy, Cutler retires and Gase needs to sniff the playoffs to stick around.

Tannehill - NYG - Eli can play this year, but NYG needs someone with some upside for next year while their QBOTF develops.

Bridgewater - MIN, but doesn't get handed the starting job

Bradford - BUF - he isn't great, but BUF needs a competent starter for 1 or 2 years who doesn't make a lot of mistakes

Keenum - Follows Shurmur to ARI.

Washington, Jax, NYJ, CLE, NE, ARI, DEN, IND, LAC, NYG, all seeking QBs at varying points in the draft

I think we need to start considering guys who aren’t slated to be FA but who are likely to be released for various reasons that could fill big needs: 

Rumored to be released for various reasons that I’d be interested in: 

WR Michael Crabtree 

WR Randall Cobb 

TE Levine Toilolo

OLB Dee Ford 

CB Aqib Talib 

CB David Amerson

K Mason Crosby 

Spotrac has a pretty comprehensive list:

http://www.spotrac.com/research/NFL/nfl-players-on-the-2018-roster-bubble-664/

I think Cobb would be an excellent fit in Nagy’s offense personally. Wilson makes a lot of sense but I think KC pushes to keep him both because he’s probably not super expensive and because they’re still going to run largely the same offense next year and he plays a valuable role in it. 

Archived