2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

Just now, Epyon said:

Tough to say honestly....

If we transition to more of a spread styled offense, Grasu's flaws might be less of a factor..... Depends really on how much of Oregon's scheme we end up incorporating.  One factor that Grasu does have an advantage in, he's actually used to snapping to shotgun.

Then consider that some of our other guys may struggle with the mobility required for a more spread styled offense (Sitton and Massie in particular) and it's quite possible that Whitehair has to move out to either G or RT, meaning Grasu might actually be the best option to play C next year....

It'll be very interesting to see what this team ends up looking like offensively come September.

I'm just spitballing here:

Leno - Whitehair - Grasu - Long - Rookie or Free Agent

You've got two thick studs inside to help Grasu where needed, Leno is an underrated run blocker IMO and then at RT just get rid of Massie. That's a young line.

45 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm just spitballing here:

Leno - Whitehair - Grasu - Long - Rookie or Free Agent

You've got two thick studs inside to help Grasu where needed, Leno is an underrated run blocker IMO and then at RT just get rid of Massie. That's a young line.

Grasu is terrible. Doesn’t matter what is beside him.

Continuing to play him with Trubisky is negligent.

Brice Butler saying he won't return to the Cowboys unless he has a shot at stating...I would love to get him here...been underrated for a long long time...size, speed and physicality at the WR position...would offer a healthy Kevin White skill set.

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Brice Butler saying he won't return to the Cowboys unless he has a shot at stating...I would love to get him here...been underrated for a long long time...size, speed and physicality at the WR position...would offer a healthy Kevin White skill set.

Likely the right price, too

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Grasu is terrible. Doesn’t matter what is beside him.

Continuing to play him with Trubisky is negligent.

I'm not saying he's good... just connecting the dots. There's a reason you can find UDFA's and make them decent centers.

7 hours ago, howru8888 said:

I can see the Bears signing Tyler Bray to be the backup QB. He was in the KC QB room and that would help for Nagy's offensive installation.

Exactly. That's why I had him in my Nagy mock.

There really is no negative to it  

What are the odds that Jordan Morgan is ready to be a meaningful backup next season?

I know he was raw, but I was excited about his physical tools and remember thinking he seemed oddly "light on his feet" for a man of his size.

If he and Kush could both stay healthy, we could have some serious depth at OG.

11 hours ago, bkokot said:

What are the odds that Jordan Morgan is ready to be a meaningful backup next season?

I know he was raw, but I was excited about his physical tools and remember thinking he seemed oddly "light on his feet" for a man of his size.

If he and Kush could both stay healthy, we could have some serious depth at OG.

Ideally Morgan is ready to be a capable starter at OG and Kush is a 3-position too backup. HH factor has to be considered here. 

14 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

If he’s leaving Dallas because he can’t start there he’s gonna want to start elsewhere, no? If he’s one of our projected starters I’m gonna be pissed. 

21 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

If he’s leaving Dallas because he can’t start there he’s gonna want to start elsewhere, no? If he’s one of our projected starters I’m gonna be pissed. 

I think his performance says he should be given his shot to start...every time he is in the game it's big gains and a lot of TDs...

I should say that's as a #3 deep threat only tho.

31 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

He has as good a chance to start here as any.

The size/speed combination is very nice, especially in an offense that values speed so much.

He could be an under rated signing at the position.

18 hours ago, G08 said:

I'm not saying he's good... just connecting the dots. There's a reason you can find UDFA's and make them decent centers.

Yeah bc sometimes the league misses on a guy, c may be the toughest position on the line.  We were spoiled, we had an all decade c who was both the toughest and smartest guy on the team.  We think good c just grow on trees as a result.  They dont.  You can try to get lucky but more than likely you have to invest in that position.  I for 1 am not trying to reinvent the wheel.  Put Whitehair at c and just leave him there and let him grow with the qb.  If we can sign a top c in fa then im interested possibly.  But stop jacking with the kids development.

A lot of talk that Philadelphia will release Jason Peters given the emergence of Havalapaialaanananana Vatai. 

I know he's 35 years old but he'd be an excellent pick up on a 2 year deal. I know everyone clamors for youth/youth/youth, but there needs to be a balance. As of now (If Sitton is released), Kyle Long will be the oldest starter on our offense at a ripe 29 years old. 

Look at what LA did with Whitworth last year, I see this as an identical scenario with Peters. 

5 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

A lot of talk that Philadelphia will release Jason Peters given the emergence of Havalapaialaanananana Vatai. 

I know he's 35 years old but he'd be an excellent pick up on a 2 year deal. I know everyone clamors for youth/youth/youth, but there needs to be a balance. As of now (If Sitton is released), Kyle Long will be the oldest starter on our offense at a ripe 29 years old. 

Look at what LA did with Whitworth last year, I see this as an identical scenario with Peters. 

You take Peters in a heartbeat if he is healthy but I still see no reason a contender like Philly would like him go...Vatai might be playing well but he isn't Peters.

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

You take Peters in a heartbeat if he is healthy but I still see no reason a contender like Philly would like him go...Vatai might be playing well but he isn't Peters.

Do we put Peters at RT in the scenario where he somehow ends up on our roster? 

Archived