2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

10 minutes ago, G08 said:

I read that he was demanding $11 million per season and the Dolphins laughed at him... would ya'll want to pay him that here?

Dude's got talent, don't get me wrong... but that much for a slot WR?

His production is insane. 

I would take him on the Bears because he cannot be covered, but I do not think he would be my top target.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

His production is insane. 

I would take him on the Bears because he cannot be covered, but I do not think he would be my top target.

The Rams went out and got Sammy Watkins - X

The Eagles went out and got Alshon Jeffery - X

We need a legit, stud X WR on this roster. It's not Kevin White, it's not Cameron Meredith, ya know?

36 minutes ago, G08 said:

I read that he was demanding $11 million per season and the Dolphins laughed at him... would ya'll want to pay him that here?

Dude's got talent, don't get me wrong... but that much for a slot WR?

Without hesitation. I’d pay him more. 

That's going to be our big FA signing then at WR... so what happens?

11 personnel

X - White

Z - Meredith

Slot - Landry

12 personnel

X - White or Meredith

Z - Landry

That's a little more reliance on Kevin White than I'd like to see.

12 minutes ago, G08 said:

11 personnel

X - White

Z - Meredith

Slot - Landry

12 personnel

X - White or Meredith

Z - Landry

only in your scenario. 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

11 personnel

X - White

Z - Meredith

Slot - Landry

12 personnel

X - White or Meredith

Z - Landry

X-Inman-Draft Pick

Z-Meredith

Slot-Landry

X-Meredith

Z-Landry

Landry is not a prefect option, but we may not be in a position to land a perfect option. He may be the most talented WR that we have a shot at.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

X-Inman-Draft Pick

Z-Meredith

Slot-Landry

X-Meredith

Z-Landry

Landry is not a prefect option, but we may not be in a position to land a perfect option. He may be the most talented WR that we have a shot at.

We have to be honest and realize Pace is going to include Kevin White in some capacity. I think that's why I can see Inman re-signing with us, he can backup White at X and Meredith at Z. Going after Landry makes sense... but the amount of flags that dude gets for unsportsmanlike conduct is preposterous. Still, he just turned 25 and he's got some alpha dog in him which I like. If that's the move, I can see Pace thinking: White, Meredith, Landry, Inman, Rookie

X - White, backed up by Inman

Z - Meredith, backed up by a rookie

Slot - Landry, backed up by Inman

9 minutes ago, G08 said:

We have to be honest and realize Pace is going to include Kevin White in some capacity. I think that's why I can see Inman re-signing with us, he can backup White at X and Meredith at Z. Going after Landry makes sense... but the amount of flags that dude gets for unsportsmanlike conduct is preposterous. Still, he just turned 25 and he's got some alpha dog in him which I like. If that's the move, I can see Pace thinking: White, Meredith, Landry, Inman, Rookie

X - White, backed up by Inman

Z - Meredith, backed up by a rookie

Slot - Landry, backed up by Inman

I included White in my projection.

He is on IR.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Feel free to offer another

Landry can play anywhere but is even more of a monster in the slot. Inman. Meredith. Wright. Are a meh 2-4. I’d like to go after Pryor or another real starting caliber receiver but even if we don’t and have confidence in Inman and Meredith I’d be ok with that. 

12 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Landry can play anywhere but is even more of a monster in the slot. Inman. Meredith. Wright. Are a meh 2-4. I’d like to go after Pryor or another real starting caliber receiver but even if we don’t and have confidence in Inman and Meredith I’d be ok with that. 

Is Pryor a starting calibre WR?

3 hours ago, G08 said:

11 personnel

X - White

Z - Meredith

Slot - Landry

12 personnel

X - White or Meredith

Z - Landry

I prefer Meredith in the slot. It allows him to have far better mismatches and Landry would produce at X, Y, or Z. 

And you're right, we know White will be forced into a battle at least, but you have 3 years of injuries so you can't assume he will stay healthy this year. Inman and Wright should both be re-signed. 

X- White/Inman battle for spot

Y- Meredith backed up by Wright

Z - Landry backed up by rookie or loser of X battle

If be happy to see this with Washington, Ateman, Ridley, Cain, Kirk, Tate, St. Brown or a few others switching in. It would definitely be in flux with some of them potentially starting over Inman/White. 

54 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Is Pryor a starting calibre WR?

He is but you have to use him like Cleveland did. Let him attack deep and run simpler routes. His numbers were beat when he was able to adjust on the ball and use his size as an advantage. He doesn't run routes well enough or have the great first step to get separation consistently IMO. 

Archived