2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

Very happy with FA so far. Pace is killing it so far, and Wilson is a $4-5mil player, not an $8 mil guy. Glad we passed on that. 

I think with Shaheen/Burton we are going to see utilization like McDaniels did with Gronk/Hernandez. Excited to see that, now just a few more holes to work on. 

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Paul Richardson to Washington 5 years 40/20 guaranteed

Actually about what I was hoping to get him for if Pace and Nagy thought be was a legitimate number 2. 

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Good for Mike, wish him the best.  His signing for some reason made everybody believe the Bears werent going qb.

I don't buy that as a primary reason for his signing, I think it was a bad bet but done in a way that we could get rid of him after a year if it didn't work. It didn't work, and we're rid of him after a year!  G'bye now. 

Just now, Blaize4488 said:

Quite possibly the best thing about FA so far is the fact the bears can go BPA at 8. I have to believe we get one of edmunds, Nelson, or MAYBE a db, though i dont think they would be BPA. 

Exactly. Assuming 3 QBs and Barkley go in the top 8, we should be looking at one of Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds, Nelson, or Ward.

And if the QBs don't go? We can find someone with whom to trade back, I would think.

Just now, RunningVaccs said:

I don't buy that as a primary reason for his signing, I think it was a bad bet but done in a way that we could get rid of him after a year if it didn't work. It didn't work, and we're rid of him after a year!  G'bye now. 

Oh no, it wasnt the primary reason. He may have been signed to appease fox who was more concerned about winning games in 2017 versus setting up the Bears for the best future.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

Exactly. Assuming 3 QBs and Barkley go in the top 8, we should be looking at one of Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds, Nelson, or Ward.

And if the QBs don't go? We can find someone with whom to trade back, I would think.

or it could turn out that Trubisky was the real smokescreen, we draft Lamar Jackson at 8, and trade Trubisky to Miami for a 7th rounder

10 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

or it could turn out that Trubisky was the real smokescreen, we draft Lamar Jackson at 8, and trade Trubisky to Miami for a 7th rounder

Sounds good to me!

It's really all up to Nagy and Trubisky now.  We should have enough functional young pieces to be decent.  Think Trubisky is going to be good? 

1 minute ago, RunningVaccs said:

Sounds good to me!

It's really all up to Nagy and Trubisky now.  We should have enough functional young pieces to be decent.  Think Trubisky is going to be good? 

I was watching game highlights and I'm really excited about him. His awareness is incredible, he makes good decisions, and has an accurate and strong arm.

Archived