2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

33 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I just don't think Lynch will be able to get more than just over the vet min. 2.5 sacks over the last two years and offers nothing vs the run.

Hali at least could mentor young guys while being a situational pass rusher. I'd be damn happy about Flowers and Hodges is better than Jones.

I'd be fine with Lynch, but he warrants no guaranteed money, $1 mil guaranteed would just put him over what any other team would be willing to give though.

The last two years the 49ers have really derailed his career. He showed tons of promise under fanigo.  I think he’ll keep his weight down and motor up under vic’s coaching 

I think Pace is identifying the second and third wave of FA linemen and having Hiestand watch their tape and point out players he likes. I can't imagine we want to go into the draft with glaring holes anywhere (right now it's at OG, swing T, and OLB).

In terms of pass rushers... yuck; I'm not liking the names I am seeing.

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

This sucks. I have to think Wilkerson has to be really pissed off at the jets and will be looking for payback. Him next to Daniels will be imposing.  

How do you think the bears rank in the division?  I would say the bears are better than the lions. Not far behind the packers but the Vikings with cousins is going to be really tough to beat 

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think Pace is identifying the second and third wave of FA linemen and having Hiestand watch their tape and point out players he likes. I can't imagine we want to go into the draft with glaring holes anywhere (right now it's at OG, swing T, and OLB).

In terms of pass rushers... yuck; I'm not liking the names I am seeing.

If Nelson is there at 8 pace runs to turn in the card if not bears go edmunds. 

Pass rushers suck but limited options and the bears will be pinched out of the top pass rushers in the draft. OLB needs a band aid this year and then seriously addressed next offseason. 

41 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

If Nelson is there at 8 pace runs to turn in the card if not bears go edmunds. 

Pass rushers suck but limited options and the bears will be pinched out of the top pass rushers in the draft. OLB needs a band aid this year and then seriously addressed next offseason. 

ALL of our new toys so far are on offense, and our biggest defensive need by far (edge rusher) can’t really be filled in FA. I think it’s far from a given that Pace takes Nelson even if he’s there at 8 and we have not yet addressed the interior OL, especially if Pace loves one of the G/C prospects in a subsequent round. 

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

ALL of our new toys so far are on offense, and our biggest defensive need by far (edge rusher) can’t really be filled in FA. I think it’s far from a given that Pace takes Nelson even if he’s there at 8 and we have not yet addressed the interior OL, especially if Pace loves one of the G/C prospects in a subsequent round. 

As it stands right now, it wouldn't shock me one bit if we took EDGE in rounds 1 AND 2

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Very good point. We took a OG to develop mid round last year that Pace is pretty high on. And Kush was playing at a starter level the year before and was hurt early last year. Nelson is not the Freak type player Pace usually goes after in round one. Edmonds and Davenport are. 

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

The last two years the 49ers have really derailed his career. He showed tons of promise under fanigo.  I think he’ll keep his weight down and motor up under vic’s coaching 

Ahhh. I have to disagree bud.

He has given little effort, that is more on the player than the team. Fangio doesn't do exotic blitzes or anything, he just told Lynch to pin his ears back and get the QB. His weight gain was a lack of professionalism and showed he didn't give a damn about the team, his role, or even working towards a huge contract. Maybe on a prove it deal he can show he isn't a bum, but otherwise he let the 49ers down, not the other way around.

Looking at our moves, which I love, we still have glaring holes at EDGE, OG, and ILB.

EDGE... woof. I'd kick the tires on:

Trent Murphy
Aaron Lynch (rotational)
Barkevious Mingo (yeah, that guy)
Connor Barwin (turns 32 though)

Pretty brutal. Maybe they bring back Houston? Either way, we need to sign one in FA and draft at least one (won't shock me to see us go EDGE/EDGE in the first two rounds) in the draft.

OG

I'm honestly not too concerned here, but I think guards are a dime a dozen. My guess is Pace/Nagy/Helfrich/Hiestand are going through the secondary market and they are identifying players they would feel comfortable with starting here if need be. We still have Kush and Morgan as options to start at LG, but we certainly need an upgrade there.

ILB (Sucks losing Christian Jones, really seemed like the light was finally coming on for him)

Navorro Bowman has a history with Fangio and could be signed for depth if he doesn't find work elsewhere
Jon Bostic (remember him?) had a decent season in Indy last year...
Kevin Minter - former 2nd round pick that has had an up and down career... maybe Fangio can revive his talents

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

We have to go OL in one of those rounds. I think OL in 1 and edge in 2. 

Man that's tough... I think OGs are a dime a dozen and we have Leonard Floyd and Sam Acho as our starters right now. That's not a good look.

Archived