2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

2 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

After Robinson: THIS IS AWESOME

Wilson goes to Miami: THIS IS A DISASTER FOR PACE, AWFUL FREE AGENCY

After Burton: RYAN PACE GRAND SLAM

Bears fans have to be the most reactionary fans.  Lol.  Wholeheartedly agree with this.  

1 minute ago, RunningVaccs said:

My pre-FA prediction was 9-7.  I have a bottle of wine on it again. I have won wine the last 2 years (2016 I bet the Bears would win less than 4 games, 2017 I bet they would win 5 or more) so you can book your bets now. 

We should do a bottle bet around here. 

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

Anyone have thoughts on the contract value?

I think it's a tad rich but we have holes and money to burn. In a zone-read-option offense like the one we should be running, you need a move TE like this that can make plays for you in the middle of the field.

So our passing targets are...

Allen Robinson

Cameron Meredith

Kevin White

Tark Cohen

Adam Shaheen

Tre Burton

9 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

After Robinson: THIS IS AWESOME

Wilson goes to Miami: THIS IS A DISASTER FOR PACE, AWFUL FREE AGENCY

After Burton: RYAN PACE GRAND SLAM

Wilson pay him!  LOL.  A no. 3 wr talent on his best day.  But he played for the coach!  Only 1 guy aside from HC on current STAFF knows the offense and that doesnt include the OC.  Everybody is starting from scratch together schemewise. 

4 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Oof, that Burton contract is big for a guy who has 600 yards and 6 TD's in his career.  Like the addition but thats a lot of money for him.

I agree 100%, but I think it was a supply and demand thing.   I don't honestly know much about Burton.   Guys coming off good teams scare me though, maybe you looked good because everybody was scared of everyone else.  

It's looking more and more like Rush OLB will be early draft target. 

Just now, dll2000 said:

I agree 100%, but I think it was a supply and demand thing.   I don't honestly know much about Burton.   Guys coming off good teams scare me though, maybe you looked good because everybody was scared of everyone else.  

It's looking more and more like Rush OLB will be early draft target. 

Or Quentin Nelson

12 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Anyone have thoughts on the contract value?

I honestly didn’t think we’d go that far for him but I like the talent. My questions about Burton were never about potential but rather whether usage would justify the contract he was going to fetch. I still have those reservations, but he no doubt gives us a lot of flexibility with what we can do formation wise which I like quite a bit. Nagy will be able to use his skill set to create favorable matchups which I also like. Dion Sims will be going away and that I like as well. LOVE that Pace is showing to not be afraid to cut bait on sunk costs with low ROI. Those with Kevin White hate can take some solace in that too. This is what competent GM work looks like, folks. Pleased wirh this start to FA. Maybe the whole “Pace can’t close” narrative can go the F away now too. 

Just now, TankWilliams said:

Or Quentin Nelson

Love him, but he might not last to 8 and you can find a serviceable guard in FA, draft or convert a tackle.  Rush backers are scarce and Floyd isnt lighting league on fire.  Nelson is a luxory pick, like Edmunds, and both might end up in HOF Lol.

My guess right now is they are thinking primarily Chubb, Davenport, Landry. Chubb if he falls and maybe a small tradeback for Davenport or Landry if they are feeling like gambling.  

If they went Nelson or Edmunds I wouldn't be upset, but I dont see them making that move.  Of course I didnt see Trubisky or Floyd either so what do I know.

Archived