tre'davious white in concussion protocol

GSUeagles14

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Tre-White-in-concussion-protocol-after-Gronks-dirty-hit/e73e7ba2-dc9f-4ee8-bbfd-dd22e0a6befb

this might have been released right away but I just saw it. sucks for the kid, and honestly the injury could have been much worse. If he really has a concussion, gronk should prob get more than one game for this one.

Gronk is the one Patriot I usually just LOL at, rivalry (which is dead this year and probably was last year lol) or not.

But that was unnecessary, malicious, and incredibly dangerous.  Given that the NFL is ramping up suspensions in the name of player safety, this has a 2-game suspension (which on appeal gets reduced to 1) written all over it.   Far worse than the Trevathan hit, and unlike Trevathan, this one was after the play.   

20 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Did anyone hear him talking about it? Saying he was mad about the refs. So assault them! What am I supposed to do?! It’s crazy! That was the most insincere thing I’ve ever heard 

Yeah, after listening to his apology you can't help but notice how stupid he is.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

The hit was malicious and dangerous. I love Gronk as a player, but this is beneath him. He needs to be suspended.

I'm pretty confident he'll be suspended.  But I'm also confident that people will also be on here complaining that the suspension isn't long enough when, in fact, the league is likely going to have to go off precedent.  I mean, it took Vontaze Burfict till what was technically his 3rd time (really, 4th incident, just the first two occurred in the same game, once on Cam and once on Olsen) intentionally trying to injure an opposing player before he actually drew a suspension - he was only fined before that.  Granted, the suspension Burfict got was a 3-game suspension, so I could see them giving Gronk the same setup they did with Talib and Crabtree last week, two games while expecting them to appeal at which point it would be dropped to one.  Personally, I think the same outcome but with a stronger message could be achieved if they just gave him the 1 game suspension and if he appealed just flat out rejecting the appeal.

17 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'm pretty confident he'll be suspended.  But I'm also confident that people will also be on here complaining that the suspension isn't long enough when, in fact, the league is likely going to have to go off precedent.  I mean, it took Vontaze Burfict till what was technically his 3rd time (really, 4th incident, just the first two occurred in the same game, once on Cam and once on Olsen) intentionally trying to injure an opposing player before he actually drew a suspension - he was only fined before that.  Granted, the suspension Burfict got was a 3-game suspension, so I could see them giving Gronk the same setup they did with Talib and Crabtree last week, two games while expecting them to appeal at which point it would be dropped to one.  Personally, I think the same outcome but with a stronger message could be achieved if they just gave him the 1 game suspension and if he appealed just flat out rejecting the appeal.

Is it? I mean, Albert Haynesworth was suspended a game for malicious on-field actions. Haynesworth didn't have anything to his name prior to stomping on Andre Gurode's head.

It's been a while, but precedent is there.

Haynesworth was suspended 5 games for his after the play stomp. Gronk's hit wasn't THAT bad. But it was definitely worse than anything Burfict has done (ankle twisting after the play being the worst). 

Suh's first stomping incident was a 2 game suspension. I think that's the baseline.

Gronk had a serious case to be frustrated, not only given the penalty that should have been called for him on the play, but the tuggle war he's had with refs over the course of his career. I don't think it's any indication of him being a dirty player at all. He's not. He should have taken it out on the ref, not White. That would be suspension worthy... 

Archived