2024 NBA Draft Discussion: Hawks, Wizards, Rockets and Spurs are 1-4.

Texansfan713

Ah. I remember when I was accused of being racist on this forum for saying Rich Paul is a clown who’s damaging the NBA.

What a sham that dude is. He serves Lebrons best interest first and foremost. 

15 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Ah. I remember when I was accused of being racist on this forum for saying Rich Paul is a clown who’s damaging the NBA.

I feel like this is a skewed view because of Anthony Davis. LeBron is certainly his top client and his top priority, but I don't see how that's different than other agents. He has a lot of clients, and he just made sure someone who most people consider undraftable got drafted.

If this is true that Rich Paul called the teams and said dont draft Bronny or he will be playing in Australia I think its no longer a feel good story he is playing with LeBron his dad. Its planned and forced. And as a sports fan I love to see memorable things happen organically. So I know technically this is the first father-son duo in the NBA to play together but to me it doesnt count bc it was forced. If I was running an NBA franchise I wouldve drafted Bronny just to show up Rich Paul and tell him he doesnt run the league so send Bronny to Australia and he can make a career playing over there but he aint going to where you want him to go. The Celtics shouldve done that lol. 

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

If this is true that Rich Paul called the teams and said dont draft Bronny or he will be playing in Australia I think its no longer a feel good story he is playing with LeBron his dad. Its planned and forced. And as a sports fan I love to see memorable things happen organically. So I know technically this is the first father-son duo in the NBA to play together but to me it doesnt count bc it was forced. If I was running an NBA franchise I wouldve drafted Bronny just to show up Rich Paul and tell him he doesnt run the league so send Bronny to Australia and he can make a career playing over there but he aint going to where you want him to go. The Celtics shouldve done that lol. 

This isn't a Rich Paul only thing. All agents in all sports do things like this to steer prospects where they want to go, so to say it doesn't count is weird.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Imagine an agent getting his client to the team that the player he wanted to go.  What a clown.

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Imagine you're the GM of a team who thinks Bronny is a non-prospect, and taking him just to spite the Lakers.  Living rent free in your head.

12 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

This isn't a Rich Paul only thing. All agents in all sports do things like this to steer prospects where they want to go, so to say it doesn't count is weird.

I realize all agents do this in sports but usually its with high draft picks like those who are at the top of the draft. So when you have a blue chip cant miss prospect you dont want him going to a poorly run franchise and get the crap beat out of him and he stuck losing with that franchise not being able to get players to come with him or draft well and develop. Bronny was a 2nd round prospect. At best he wouldve snuck into the back in of the 1st round. He wouldve went to some great organizations in great situations. This was all about Rich wanting Bronny to play with LeBron his father. This wasnt about Rich not wanting Bronny to end up with the Pistons or Wizards. Bronny wouldve been better off with the Warriors or a young team thats ready now in OKC or Minnesota. Heck he couldve been great playing with the Mavs or playing with a young and up and coming team in Houston that should be improving even more this upcoming season. So thats why I said what I did. 

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I realize all agents do this in sports but usually its with high draft picks like those who are at the top of the draft. So when you have a blue chip cant miss prospect you dont want him going to a poorly run franchise and get the crap beat out of him and he stuck losing with that franchise not being able to get players to come with him or draft well and develop. Bronny was a 2nd round prospect. At best he wouldve snuck into the back in of the 1st round. He wouldve went to some great organizations in great situations. This was all about Rich wanting Bronny to play with LeBron his father. This wasnt about Rich not wanting Bronny to end up with the Pistons or Wizards. Bronny wouldve been better off with the Warriors or a young team thats ready now in OKC or Minnesota. Heck he couldve been great playing with the Mavs or playing with a young and up and coming team in Houston that should be improving even more this upcoming season. So thats why I said what I did. 

2nd round prospects do this all the time, man. And why should it only be for top prospects to try to dictate where they get drafted? Use what leverage you can and go where you want to.

People don't like LeBron and Rich Paul and are piling on for no reason. This literally happens every year with prospects in the 2nd round, yet now it's some issue for a few people because it was a high profile name. Any uproar over PJ Hall choosing to go undrafted so he could do to Denver?

12 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

12 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Remember when Austin Reaves (and his agent) finessed the league into not drafting him so he could sign with Los Angeles.  Let's look at this objectively, he's going to spend like 99% of his rookie year in the G-League.

• Like 1