2024 NBA Draft Discussion: Hawks, Wizards, Rockets and Spurs are 1-4.

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I feel like you say this every year.

I wasn't a huge fan of the draft class last year. 

Obviously things didn't go as planned but heading into the season Collier/Williams were both projected as top 5 picks and Flip was supposed to be a lottery guy. All three dealt with injuries and didn't live up to expectations but I think the potential is there. 

Williams could be a plus starter and I think Collier and Flip will at least be rotational pieces. We're building our warchest of assets.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

If this is true that Rich Paul called the teams and said dont draft Bronny or he will be playing in Australia I think its no longer a feel good story he is playing with LeBron his dad. Its planned and forced. And as a sports fan I love to see memorable things happen organically. So I know technically this is the first father-son duo in the NBA to play together but to me it doesnt count bc it was forced. If I was running an NBA franchise I wouldve drafted Bronny just to show up Rich Paul and tell him he doesnt run the league so send Bronny to Australia and he can make a career playing over there but he aint going to where you want him to go. The Celtics shouldve done that lol. 

Everything about Lebron feels planned and forced so this fits right in 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Remember when Austin Reaves (and his agent) finessed the league into not drafting him so he could sign with Los Angeles.  Let's look at this objectively, he's going to spend like 99% of his rookie year in the G-League.

I didnt know that about Austin Reeves. Again I get that it happens but we know this with Bronny is going to be looked under the microscope bc its dealing with LeBron and he said he wants to play with his son and it happened. All Im saying is people will treat this as a feel good story when it really isnt. It didnt happen organically. It was planned. The only thing that wouldve prevented it from happening is if Bronny stayed in college and/or LeBron decided to retire. And this draft was unpredictable due to it being a weak draft but the only certain prediction was Bronny going 55 to the Lakers. 

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I didnt know that about Austin Reeves. Again I get that it happens but we know this with Bronny is going to be looked under the microscope bc its dealing with LeBron and he said he wants to play with his son and it happened. All Im saying is people will treat this as a feel good story when it really isnt. It didnt happen organically. It was planned. The only thing that wouldve prevented it from happening is if Bronny stayed in college and/or LeBron decided to retire. And this draft was unpredictable due to it being a weak draft but the only certain prediction was Bronny going 55 to the Lakers. 

This is purely coming from someone who doesn't like LeBron.

So when a team trades for a player or prospect they want, it can't be a good story because it didn't happen organically? What does that even mean?

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

This is purely coming from someone who doesn't like LeBron.

So when a team trades for a player or prospect they want, it can't be a good story because it didn't happen organically? What does that even mean?

I have no problem with LeBron. Everything doesnt have to be "hating LeBron" or "loving LeBron". I just like the draft and to see one player fixed to a certain team at a certain spot in the draft bc he gets to play with his father doesnt sit well with me. If it happened naturally bc teams just passed on Bronny and he fell to the Lakers like Dalton Knecht did at 17 then I wouldnt have an issue. If the Lakers traded up bc they saw Bronny falling and was like we cant wait any longer someone might draft him and they go get him I wouldnt have a problem. But the agenda has always been LeBron want to play with his son and they made it their mission to do so go as far as to tell other teams not to draft Bronny like thats wild. And its not like Bronny is some blue chip player thats going to change the league. He need to be somewhere to develop and prove himself and not be as close to his dads spotlight as possible. There were teams in this league that wouldve been a better spot for Bronny than the Lakers to sum it up but since LeBron wanted to play with his son all those better spots didnt matter. 

Glad that the Bronny stuff is over with regarding the draft. No offense to the kid but once the season starts no one is gonna be talking about the kid. It’s cool to see the father/son tandem. I watched Griffey and his pops when I was a child. This one just doesn’t do it for me. NBA is full of undeserved privilege from front office personnel to coaches to players, so this is nothing different 

Edited by agarcia34

17 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Imagine an agent getting his client to the team that the player he wanted to go.  What a clown.

Imagine a client telling every team that if they draft his mid af 2nd round player he will refuse to sign and play in Australia. 

This is not a common occurrence. Rich Paul is for sure a clown. 

17 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Remember when Austin Reaves (and his agent) finessed the league into not drafting him so he could sign with Los Angeles.  Let's look at this objectively, he's going to spend like 99% of his rookie year in the G-League.

No. He told one team not to draft him, the Pistons. He actually went on record saying he felt the Lakers were the second best fit for him. Lets not re-write history to defend this garbage. 

17 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I feel like this is a skewed view because of Anthony Davis. LeBron is certainly his top client and his top priority, but I don't see how that's different than other agents. He has a lot of clients, and he just made sure someone who most people consider undraftable got drafted.

He got Bronny drafted...By telling teams that if they draft him he will refuse to sign and go to Australia...?

Okay...

2 hours ago, Kingram said:

He got Bronny drafted...By telling teams that if they draft him he will refuse to sign and go to Australia...?

Okay...

Okay? He got his client to the team he wanted to go to. The horror! That's his job, man. That's every agent's job. Hell, most people here would say Bronny was undraftable, and he got his client drafted. I'd say he did a damn good job. Agents negotiate with teams EVERY YEAR when it comes to later 2nd round picks vs. going undrafted. But because this time it happened with Bronny and Rich Paul, you're throwing a hissy fit. Just because it's not reported, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. But it's Bronny, so of course this was reported on much more heavily.

Agents withhold medical records. They keep their clients from working out for specific teams. They shut down their client after a promise. Players demand trades. Players quiet quit. Teams tamper. And this is only talking about the NBA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Okay? He got his client to the team he wanted to go to. The horror! That's his job, man. That's every agent's job. Hell, most people here would say Bronny was undraftable, and he got his client drafted. I'd say he did a damn good job. Agents negotiate with teams EVERY YEAR when it comes to later 2nd round picks vs. going undrafted. But because this time it happened with Bronny and Rich Paul, you're throwing a hissy fit. Just because it's not reported, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. But it's Bronny, so of course this was reported on much more heavily.

Agents withhold medical records. They keep their clients from working out for specific teams. They shut down their client after a promise. Players demand trades. Players quiet quit. Teams tamper. And this is only talking about the NBA.

Didn't PJ Hall tell teams not to draft him in the 2nd round too?

• Like 2