2024 NBA Draft Discussion: Hawks, Wizards, Rockets and Spurs are 1-4.

Texansfan713

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Ant is an athletic freak that this class simply doesn't have and was built like a bulldog. The only question with him was whether or not he was going to be able to shoot the ball. Everyone knows my thoughts on Melo so I won't touch him. 

My point being, I think people are underrating Bronny's toolset simply because of his name (and I'm sure someone will say "well he's only in the spotlight because of his name" despite that only being partially true, his skillset stands out in my eyes). The kid can flat out shoot, he's explosive as hell getting to the rack and he can elevate and get his shot off over anyone despite being 6'3". He's also a damn good perimeter defender at his age. His foundation is there to have a long NBA career. 

I think you are having revisionist memories of the 2020 draft class.  Ant was athletic but also had huge bust potential.  Same with Ball.  Nobody was a clear cut favorite and nobody was excited about that class as a whole.  There are athletic freaks in every class, we just have to watch more of them to determine who is legitimately that athletic against other great athletes.  And I guarantee there will be some this year from this group of guys. 

I also think you are a little too high on Bronny. There is not a single source out there that has Bronny ranked in the top 20 of high school players.  Throw in Soph's - Sr's and foreign players and he isnt in anyone's top 30 rankings for the draft next year.  He has some tools, but those tools compared to his peers (peers you call a weak draft class) they aren't worthy of being in the top 30 draft eligible players.  Can he get there, maybe.  Is it likely, not really.  I am open to seeing if it can happen, but for now, he isn't a top prospect and should have zero consideration for the lottery as a player. 

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

There is not a single source out there that has Bronny ranked in the top 20 of high school players. 

LaMelo was 23rd in 247s composite rankings. Onyeka Okongwu was 25th. Patrick Williams 26th. Isaac Okoro 36th. Moses Moody 46th. Josh Primo 62nd. All freshman lottery picks.

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

he isn't a top prospect and should have zero consideration for the lottery as a player. 

Absolute nonsense

16 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

he isnt in anyone's top 30 rankings for the draft next year

Again, Jonathan Givony had him in the top 10 recently and has him at 17 to the Hawks currently. You keep saying this and it's not true lol.

Just now, NYRaider said:

If he shows he can be a PG, then I think he could be in the lotto range.

I think that's the problem with him going to USC. The ball's going to be in Collier's hands too much for him to show it. He's going to be their 3&D perimeter guy and cutter playing off Collier.

38 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He has some tools, but those tools compared to his peers (peers you call a weak draft class) they aren't worthy of being in the top 30 draft eligible players.

How did I miss this? Yeah, this right here might be the biggest gaffe in your entire post. If you have Bronny outside your top 30, that's a YOU problem and a total disservice to the kid. Go watch the kid some more. He defends at a high level, has a high basketball IQ, has NBA level range from 3, is an explosive finisher with really good touch around the rim. You wanna knock him? Knock on him that he's too passive and he needs to be more assertive or say that his handle needs work. Saying that he has "some tools" and is outside this class's top 30 as it stands is just a really, really bad evaluation.

EDIT - FWIW, if I'm wrong and Bronny sucks and doesn't get drafted in the 1st round next year, I'll gladly eat crow, my man. Just saying, as an initial eval, I think this is way off.

Edited by beekay414

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think that's the problem with him going to USC. The ball's going to be in Collier's hands too much for him to show it. He's going to be their 3&D perimeter guy and cutter playing off Collier.

They're going to be so fun to watch next year

29 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

**** Gradey **** just went in the lottery and he was outside the top 20. High School recruiting rankings don't matter. Jett Howard was 43rd. Taylor Hendricks was 67th.

Amen and Ausar werent top 20 prospects either when they were ranked.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

They're going to be so fun to watch next year

They should be good. Wonder how Enfield is gonna run their lineup. Bronny's coming off the bench there due to their upperclassmen for sure.

Collier, Ellis, Johnson, Rodman, Morgan with Bronny and VI off the bench if VI is healthy.