2024 NBA Draft Discussion: Hawks, Wizards, Rockets and Spurs are 1-4.

Texansfan713

45 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He definitely wasn't expected to be one of the best players in the game.  Poku, Sekou, Coullibaly etc I think are good comps from what I remember.  Like Luca was a star and known before coming, like Rubio (even though that didnt work out, lol MN) where Giannis was a tiny teen who had tools but needed to develop them.  Even Hendrickson was sort of that kind of prospect this year.  

Giannis actually transformed as a person since getting drafted. 

I viewed him as an Anthony Randolph type prospect - stick skinny, great movement and athleticism, good ball handling for a big. Probably going to be a zero but worth a chance given his length and hustle. 

Turns out he was malnourished and once he got on an NBA diet grew 3 inchs + gained so much muscle mass it was crazy. We are used to it being hard for guys with that frame to pack on LBs and Giannis is probably 40-50LBs bigger + taller. 

Nobody could have seen it coming. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 4:50 PM, roger murdock said:

Giannis actually transformed as a person since getting drafted. 

I viewed him as an Anthony Randolph type prospect - stick skinny, great movement and athleticism, good ball handling for a big. Probably going to be a zero but worth a chance given his length and hustle. 

Turns out he was malnourished and once he got on an NBA diet grew 3 inchs + gained so much muscle mass it was crazy. We are used to it being hard for guys with that frame to pack on LBs and Giannis is probably 40-50LBs bigger + taller. 

Nobody could have seen it coming. 

His transformation has been insane.  I thought he was going to develop into a pre injury Indy Paul George type, after his rookie year and into year 2. Then they ran the point guard trial with him, and out of that, the guy somehow is closer to an Orlando Shaq than he is PG or a pg.  I've never seen anything like it.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 9:11 PM, redsoxsuck05 said:

I feel like everyone in Serbia is a lazy knockoff of Jokic.

I wish he had a little more burst but I like his game. But he's only 18 and his physical profile is super intriguing at 6'7" with a 7'0" wingspan, he reminds me of Josh Giddey but with a jump shot.

On 12/20/2023 at 9:44 PM, NYRaider said:

I wish he had a little more burst but I like his game. But he's only 18 and his physical profile is super intriguing at 6'7" with a 7'0" wingspan, he reminds me of Josh Giddey but with a jump shot.

That's a pretty good comp.  I like that a lot more than the Luka comps you see floating around.  With how much people seem to be trying to force it into existence, it probably won't happen, but I'd love to see him in SA.   The length and athleticism of NBA perimeter defenders will probably cause him some problems early on, with how much space he needs on his set shot with the low loading point, but I think he will eventually adapt and become a solid shooter.  He can elevate enough when he pulls up off the dribble from mid range.  

Edited by OkeyDoke21