Week 14: VIKINGS (10-2) at Panthers (8-4)

swede700

29 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I worry about this game because I don't think we match up well. I think of this team as a much improved Cleveland Browns team (and yeah we beat them by 17 but they gave us trouble in the first half)

Quick, somebody tell me I'm wrong!

I told you that before lol. We match up really well with the Panthers. Think about what happened last year - Cam was sacked 8 times, and threw 3 picks. They have gotten worse offensively IMO. Especially on the line.

I can see the rushing offense having a long day against their front 7, but Thielen, Diggs, and Rudolph should be able to do enough to keep them balanced and moving. I don't anticipate a high scoring game, but I don't think that Carolina will come close to winning without a superhuman effort from Newton.

5 minutes ago, disaacs said:

You're wrong.  I think the Vikings match up extremely well with the Panthers...and against Cam Newton in particular.  I'm more concerned about the Vikings' offense against the Panthers' defense, but even then, I was much more concerned about the Falcons game than I have ever been about the Panthers.  

Thank you!! Haha I needed someone to tell me that :P

18 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Here are the other early CBS games this week we're fighting with: OAK @ KC, IND @ BUF

I'm going to have to watch it on Game Pass again, since the Chiefs game is up against it...although I'm certain there are some Chiefs fans that would hope the blackout rule still existed.  :D

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Here's hoping Gregg Olsen's inside scoop doesn't bite us.... O.o

Did you see him at all during that game? He had a "rather stay injured than have to play against this team" look on his face.

The only insider information he got is how badly his team is going to get destroyed. 

Carolina has zero offensive weapons, but they keep winning. Their defense will be a challenge just like the Falcons. Play it conservative like we did on Sunday, and take what they give us. We make less mistakes, we miss less tackles, and we generally have more talent than Carolina. We should be fine. 

Right tackle Mike Remmers could be ready to return after missing four straight games. Remmers sat out the first three with a concussion, and he missed the Falcons game with a lower back injury. Remmers has been replaced each time by Rashod Hill, who indicated Monday that Remmers might be back in the lineup Sunday at Carolina.

“I think Mike’s pretty healthy, ready to go back,” Hill said of Remmers, who played for the Panthers from 2014-16. “Whatever they need me to do, I’ll do what I can do.” Zimmer praised Hill, who primarily played left tackle until being called into duty when Remmers suffered a concussion Oct. 29 on the first series against Cleveland.

The Vikings lost tight end David Morgan on the first series at Atlanta with a concussion. Zimmer said Monday he ‘s doing “a lot better,” but didn’t speculate on his status for this weeks game.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/04/thanks-to-clutch-catches-jarius-wright-is-vikings-mr-third-down/

Archived