Week 14: VIKINGS (10-2) at Panthers (8-4)

swede700

I think that we should beat the Panthers.  The only thing that I believe that could derail the Vikings now is a lack of focus brought on by the success that team has been having.  We have seen Zimmer coached teams lose their focus in past years for a game or two during the season. 

It takes some high level QB play to beat this defense, and I don't think Cam is capable of that. I don't think our offense is going to put up an incredible number of points. Panthers keep it close for awhile and then Cam turns it over and let's us put it away.

11 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I like it. :D It's inconvenient sometimes, and the rest of my family thinks I'm crazy, but I love Minnesota. I'd never live anywhere else.

I'd prefer to be back there, but I'm not sure it'll ever happen, although there is a good possibility that we might eventually get a cabin up on the North Shore.  

Panthers left tackle Matt Kalil has had an up-and-down first season with the Panthers, after signing a five-year, $55 million contract this offseason. And while the Vikings were willing to let him go for a reason, Kalil cited the hip problems which hampered him in past years for any issues he used to have. So he contends that his former college and Vikings teammate Everson Griffen might remember him, but a different version.

Kalil: “I’ve played against him a lot, but a lot of those practices I wasn’t 100 percent. I was injured. So this will be a little bit different from my point of view as far as the things that I can do. I’ll definitely get after it, and I’ll probably be a different guy than they’re used to the past few years.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/08/matt-kalil-im-a-different-guy-than-vikings-are-used-to-seeing/

It's been a helluva stretch of road games for the 10-2 Vikings, who won in Detroit on Thanksgiving, played in Atlanta last Sunday and now stare down a third straight game with a playoff atmosphere in Carolina. Playing in front of the home crowd should help the Panthers, though they'll find this Minnesota defense to be stouter than the Saints group they just saw. The Vikings are allowing a scant 17.0 points per game, tops in the NFC. Carolina must get traction on the ground against the Minnesota front -- and not solely from Cam Newton. Although Jonathan Stewart and Christian McCaffrey have pulled their numbers up lately, they're still only averaging 3.2 and 3.5 yards per carry, compared with Newton's 5.8. The Vikes' run defense is third in yards per rush allowed. Offensively, Minnesota QBCase Keenum has been every bit as effective as the defense. He is second to only Tom Brady in N3P (positive plays minus negative plays divided by qualifying snaps), because he's thrown for a ton of first downs (123) despite having far fewer snaps than most quarterbacks, and because he's suffered just five giveaways (five picks, no fumbles).

Vikings 27, Panthers 21 — Elliott Harrison NFL.com

The Vikings need to dial up a lot of blitzes on that left side. Send Barr, Smith, Sendejo, Kendricks, Alexander, etc. 

I would not be shocked to get Kalil’s best game against Griffen. But Kalil has always struggled at dealing with blitzes on his side, and he usually always picks up the wrong guy, or gets caught between two guys and doesn’t pick anyone up. 

Make Kalil think, and he fails to react. 

The Minnesota Vikings are undefeated when we have at least 300 yards of total offense. Only time we didn’t get over 300yards was game one Detroit and @ the Steelers.

seems like if we score 10 or more or break 300 total offense we win.

is Carolina capable of stopping us?

2 hours ago, disaacs said:

Injury report is out...Remmers and Morgan are out for the Vikings, Shaq Thompson out for the Panthers.

Center Pat Elflein (shoulder) has been a limited participant all week and is listed as questionable for Sunday.

Fullback C.J. Ham (neck), defensive tackle Linval Joseph (knee), linebacker Eric Kendricks (hip) and safety Andrew Sendejo (shoulder) were all full participants in practice this week and are likely to play.

Defensive tackle Shamar Stephen (shoulder) and cornerback Mackensie Alexander (chest) were first placed on the injury report on Thursday as limited participants. Both were full participants on Friday and are likely to play.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Pat-Elflein-Questionable-David-Morgan--Mike-Remmers-Out-Against-Panthers-on-Sunday/8c56147a-5ad7-4248-82ff-8452e1e9452c?sf175750202=1

Archived