Breshad Perriman v Eric Weddle

alfalcone

Breshad Perriman v Eric Weddle  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Finishes With A Better Year as a "Wide Receiver"

• Perriman
    • Weddle

To preface this post is in jest.  As we all know Perriman has been terrible this year, with his current stat line of 7 catches for 54 yards, and zero touchdowns.  On the other hand, Weddle currently has 5 receptions (interceptions) for 72 yards and one touchdown.  With two more picks it is possible for Weddle to get a clean sweep on Breshad for the year.  Can he pull it off?

hilarious what records and stats this team brings this season. a safety with more net yds than your former 1st rd pick, a starting QB with lower ypa than a rookie rb (Kamara / Saints). just great.

as frustrating as this team is, its not bland at all, at least to me. like a box of chocolate, you never know what you get.

5 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

Goodness, I read the thread title and thought this was going to be some crazy "Who should we keep in FA next season?" thread. 

I have never been happier to be wrong. Also, Weddle.

ditto, both on the initial thoughts and who is going to win

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, the lone star said:

Perriman gonna get waived/cut in the offseason?

If so, I hope my Cowboys take a flyer, but I'm not holding my breath. Dude has brick hands.

I imagine they’ll at least take him to camp and see if a full offseason without injury can get him to a serviceable point. As a 1st round pick they have to give him at least every avenue to prove he can get it done.

12 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I imagine they’ll at least take him to camp and see if a full offseason without injury can get him to a serviceable point. As a 1st round pick they have to give him at least every avenue to prove he can get it done.

Yeah, he had a solid 2016. Maybe he can get back to that in 2018.

If Maclin gets cut, and there's a very good chance of that, the roster at wide receiver is Chris Moore, Breshad Perriman, Tim White, and Quincy Adeboyejo (ERFA). I think there would have to be a massive investment in bringing in new players at that position for Perriman to get cut.

Not saying it wouldn't be nice, but I'm not expecting anything more than two players brought in. A free agent (maybe re-signing Wallace) and a higher draft pick. Even if two free agents are brought in I think Breshad would still have a decent chance to stick around. 

I'd like to see Perriman cut in the off-season, just for the petty revenge, but it won't happen. He's still cheap, and could still theoretically become a good player. He won't, but the cost of keeping him is low enough to give it a shot.

But I doubt he starts a game next year. Wouldn't surprise me too much if he doesn't make it through Training Camp. I could easily see some UDFA significantly outperforming him.

Archived