Ben McAdoo Fired

WeaponX

I am happy about Reese being fired have mixed feelings about Mcadoo being fired. I  wanted  Mcadoo  fired at the end of the year to help us lose games. With him not constantly putting us in a position to lose we might actually start to win some games and not get as good a draft pick.

Really hard to believe that 4 months ago this guy could do no wrong in NY. I was one who was wrong about him. I loved his attitude when we were winning last year but that same attitude did not sit well during adversity. The move had to be made and I'm glad they broke protocol and did it midseason. That had to make a statement to the fans and to the players. Hopefully that statement is heard loud and clear, and we get the right guys in place moving forward.

No real point in hiring anyone else. Just let the fans make all the decisions from here on out. They can just do a surveymonkey for everything. 

So should we kick the fg or go for the first down? Fans pull out your iPhones and vote.

6 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Who do you guys want to replace him?

I have a list. Obviously not considering a new GM because who knows about that.

GM I would like David Gettlemen, Nick Caserio (Patriots VP of player personnel), Phil Simms, George Paton (vikings assistant GM), Eliot Wolf (director of football ops from packers),  Eric Decotsa (ravens assistent GM), TC

For head coach I want

Josh McDaniels, Jim Harbaugh, Todd Haley, Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, David Shaw, Frank Reich

Dont want

Mike Smith (please god no) Brian Kelly (he wants the same control chip kelly wanted in philly, our FO would never allow that),  Nick Saban, Dave toub, teryl Austin, Matt Patricia

45 minutes ago, mattbags2313 said:

I have a list. Obviously not considering a new GM because who knows about that.

GM I would like David Gettlemen, Nick Caserio (Patriots VP of player personnel), Phil Simms, George Paton (vikings assistant GM), Eliot Wolf (director of football ops from packers),  Eric Decotsa (ravens assistent GM), TC

For head coach I want

Josh McDaniels, Jim Harbaugh, Todd Haley, Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, David Shaw, Frank Reich

Dont want

Mike Smith (please god no) Brian Kelly (he wants the same control chip kelly wanted in philly, our FO would never allow that),  Nick Saban, Dave toub, teryl Austin, Matt Patricia

Why do you want Cowher or Gruden, they haven't coached in a bazillion years

I view Cowher as a fit for NY just because of his pedigree and hard nosed style. He is similar to TC in many ways. However I do agree I'm hesitant because of the time away from the game. Cowher has always been fascinated with coaching the Giants as well which  I like.

Gruden for someone who has had a great career and has been retired for awhile, he is still only 54. Based off his track record and coaching style i wouldnt be opposed

Ideally though if I had a top 3

Mcdaniels

Shaw

Haley or Harbaugh (torn on them)

I would also like John DeFilippo for OC depending on who the coach is. He has a done a great job as the QB coach for wentz

24 minutes ago, mattbags2313 said:

I view Cowher as a fit for NY just because of his pedigree and hard nosed style. He is similar to TC in many ways. However I do agree I'm hesitant because of the time away from the game. Cowher has always been fascinated with coaching the Giants as well which  I like.

Gruden for someone who has had a great career and has been retired for awhile, he is still only 54. Based off his track record and coaching style i wouldnt be opposed

Ideally though if I had a top 3

Mcdaniels

Shaw

Haley or Harbaugh (torn on them)

I would also like John DeFilippo for OC depending on who the coach is. He has a done a great job as the QB coach for wentz

I have tremendous respect for Cowher and what hes done, but I want nothing to do with him. The game changes A LOT in a few years. Its been how long now? 10 years? I know it's a different sport, but look how outdated Phil Jacksons philosophies were with the Knicks.

Archived